Author Topic: Nobody asked yet, so ...  (Read 744 times)

Offline fe352v8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Evolve or become extinct
Nobody asked yet, so ...
« on: November 07, 2006, 05:10:55 AM »
Aside from, the illegal substance involved and the genders of the partners involved, don’t Clinton and Reverend Ted, sound and act alike?

I tried it but did not inhale, I bought it but did not take it, I did not have sex with that woman, and I did not have sex with that man. 

Same lies; only their choice of drugs, and the gender of those they directed their desires towards differed.

So what is difference between this liberal democrat political leader and this self-professed Christian evangelical leader?

Life is no joke but funny things happen

jon

life is no joke but funny things happen

jon

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
Re: Nobody asked yet, so ...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 05:19:29 AM »
But only one spent his life preaching the evils of homosexuality.  The other was always and open sleeze.

And it seems to me that the sex of the person is a big difference.

And meth is different that pot.

Offline doc_kreipke

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 05:29:04 AM »
The politician didn't resign his job?    ;D
-K

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 12:19:52 PM »
 FE..
   Correct; they sound much the same and both should have done what Rev. Tim did !

I presume that unlike the Dems, once the Evangelicals were convinced that Ted acted like a slob, they didn't move to cover for or protect the jerk !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline fe352v8

• A Real Regular
  • Evolve or become extinct
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 06:48:51 PM »
The point was, to illustrate to those who engage in broad generalizations, by proclaiming anyone with any connection, such as political party affiliation, to a flawed character, is suffering from the same flaws, might be able to see that to do so is grossly in accurate.

For instance, based on some posts, some here seem to agree with the good reverend on several points, sharing a similar faith, support for President Bush, opposition to abortion and gay marriage.  Would it be fair make the same generalization regarding them?

I do not think so, but many seem to do it regularly, probably because they are cheating on their wives with gay masseuses and are high on meth. Pretty unfair generalization isn’t? 

Life is no joke but funny things happen

jon

life is no joke but funny things happen

jon

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 10:41:17 PM »
  Dukiller;

The sex of the person does make a difference..but either way it is immoral if married; as both subjects were.

Meth is different than pot..  Yes, just as gasoline is different than kerosene..but either one can burn your house down !

Gasoline just does the job a bit faster.

Meth and pot..last I knew someone is breaking the law when they use either one..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 12:29:36 AM »
If anyone would think that party affiliation, denominational affiliation, stance on weapon control (which seems to be the major concern in this town) means that morals cannot be corrupted is just dead wrong.
I have moral considerations that I fight. They may seem be inconsequencial, if one wants to say that my sin is not as bad as such and such, but my sin has nothing to do with such and such. My sin is great in the eyes of the one that judges sin. Just as great as their sin.
The Republican party appealed to the church for support, to the voters who thought thay would be getting men who were moral in life and judgement. They just want the vote as much as another.
If you wish to have a truely conservative Christian to serve you in any elected office you cannot depend on the party to find them--that is evident. You must seek them out and you must verify their background.
The Word says that many will come speaking words of honey and smoothness but they are snakes. In these last days we have uncovered more snakes than we thought in this garden.
Politics, in the end, will not win anyone freedom, wealth, position of lasting greatness OR entrance into the GREAT congress of believers.
Be aware of those whose mouths are filled with honey.
Soap box is clear.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 03:08:48 AM »
  Dukiller;

The sex of the person does make a difference..but either way it is immoral if married; as both subjects were.

Meth is different than pot..  Yes, just as gasoline is different than kerosene..but either one can burn your house down !

Gasoline just does the job a bit faster.

Meth and pot..last I knew someone is breaking the law when they use either one..

In my jurisdiction possession of pot isn't even a felony.  It's a natural plant, grown and smoked like, uh, tobacco.  Meth is a chemistry lab product that contains several things I wore a mask while using in college (including di-ethyl ether). 

Yes, they're both immoral.  I'd take immoral over immoral and a hipocrite any day.  That guy is a joke, and insult to true believers, and I can't believe people are still standing up for him.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 10:45:35 AM »
Don't believe he has any connection to the White House TM7..

As far as what he is..guess he is a slick flim-flam man..

dukkillr;
   I didn't know people were still "standing up for him"..but if they are in a foolish way..they will probably pay the price eventully.

Note: I didn't say that pot possession was a felony...just that use of such drugs is " breaking the law ". BTW..I didn't offer any praises for tobacco either..but it is a legal substance.

Yes; immoral and illegal is worse than illegal alone, but I would assume the complete citizen would strive to eschew both !