Author Topic: DuckTown Model DD 4/10-.45 cal questions.  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Jdaniel

• Trade Count: (0)
DuckTown Model DD 4/10-.45 cal questions.
« on: November 05, 2006, 07:24:07 AM »
Hello, gentlemen!

My father recently passed away and left me a small cache of weapons that he has collected through out his life. The two that im most interested in is the Ducktown Model DD and a British 303 rifle he has had since before I was thought of. I would like to know any and all the info I can get on either. The .303 was made in 1942 and I have no clue about the Model DD. My father used to tell me that he wouldnt let me shoot the .303 because it would put me on the ground... so I stuck with the little .22 in my childhood. Funny, huh? Any info would be greatly appreciated. You can reply here or my email at jdanielm1@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.

Offline willysjeep134

• Contributor
Re: DuckTown Model DD 4/10-.45 cal questions.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 04:54:50 PM »
Ducktown is the name of a town in Tennesee where a small firearms manufacturer operated for many years. They had many names, and i believe they were related to some encarnation of the infamous MAC company. Cobray, FMJ, Ectceterea, and Leinad were brand names used at various times. They made side by side, single shot, over under, pepperbox revolver, long barreled, carbine, shotgun, and even a .22 over 410 survival gun all with that same steel grip frame. None of them were of stellar quality, but lots of people bought them for "snake guns" or tackle box guns. I hear they kick like crazy with .45 colt ammo. .410 would probably buck a little too. They made a flare gun for a while, and you could get shorty 12 gauge cayenne pepper rounds for it as well as flares. I think they went out of business due to legal issues.
If God wanted plastic stocks he would have made plastic trees.

Offline Jdaniel

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 02:23:04 PM »
So the gun isnt worth anything really other than sentimental value and its okay to shoot a few rounds out of it?

Offline Jdaniel

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 08:51:53 AM »
Anyone?

Offline TNrifleman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 04:30:42 AM »
Your DD should be fine to shoot if it is unaltered. My son has one and he enjoys shooting it with 410 and cowboy action type 45 Colt loads.

Offline Ex-Cajun

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 07:38:56 AM »
I've got one of these double barrel 45/410 and hsve shot it plenty.  The most comfortable loads to shoot are the cowboy action 45 LC (not accurate worth a damn, can barely keep it on an old washing mahcine at 25 yards).  The 2 3/4 410 is a handful, but managable and the 3" 410 is just no fun to shoot at all. It patterns SUPER wide, like to the tune of 20" at 5 ft away!
 I've seen them at gun shows here in Albuquerque for about 100-150.00.  I built mine from a kit because I have the tools for it.  I'm a jeweler.  It was fun, but now I see it as a waste of my time to ever do something like it again.
"There's nothing better than a nice CRISP trigger!"