Author Topic: how you get there  (Read 816 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
how you get there
« on: November 13, 2006, 09:19:16 AM »
what kind of vehile do you for hunting? i use a 18 speed bike with a gun rack on it
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline jpsmith1

• Contributor
Re: how you get there
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 11:00:57 AM »
Depends on where I'm going and how fast I want to get there.  Most of the time I walk. 

If I need to get deeper in the local woods, I'll take my quad to the edge of the woods, then walk.

On my recent Elk hunt, we rode horses and that's a pretty good way to travel, once the sore spots go numb... ;D
Searching for the perfect left handed revolver.....

Offline SDS-GEN

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 01:31:02 PM »
Boats, horses, or walking, depends on the hunt.

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 03:53:54 PM »
30 minute ride in an F250.  If the property were a lot closer than 35 miles, biking might have been an option.

Offline kyote

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 04:14:29 PM »
jamaldog87
                  I am guessing you don't have a drivers lic.yet..am I right?I am now to fat and to old to be riding an 18 speed bike are for that matter any two wheeled bike.so.I have owned jeeps all my life.and have a pretty trick one right now that will go all most any place that I want.dependes on how much work I want to do to it when I get home.IT'S READY TA GO HUNTIN.
I also have a gmc Z71 4x4 she will get me to most places in the hunting areas are close enough that I only have to walk a couple miles are so..I hardly hunt edible animals any more and try to just git after the predators around here..
my huntin rifle is safe from confiscation only while my battle rifle protects it.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 06:50:28 AM »
i have drivers lic. i just don't have a car. i working to get a moped and most of the hunting i did do was on the city or gray dog bus.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 01:39:56 PM »
Uh Jamadog, the kind of "hunt'n" you were doing was for a completely different purpose that the rest of us here were oriented towards.  Most of us are too old for that kind of hunt'n anyway!  ;)
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 07:39:49 AM »
i used the grey hound bus to get to were i was going to hunt and ride a bike or walk the few miles from the nears town to were i was going to hunt at. I used to do this for small game because i did not have much with me. Big game i would hunt with someone else in a car or if the had a atv.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 01:07:35 PM »
Hey it doesn't matter how you get there..........long as your enjoying the journey right?

On my days off, I've spent the last several months riding the back roads on the southern part of the Cherokee National Forest in my 84 F-250.....I usually refer to it as "Big Ugly"........Not real pretty to look at, but 10 ply tires and high ground clearance makes for a smooth ride on rough roads......351 V-8, four speed with a granny.........4.11 limited slip........

No doubt it's a friend of OPEC..........but I don't have to worry about scratching it.......

I do a fair amount of walking......problem is, the season is short and there's a fair amount of land out there......

The game seems wilder too, as they don't see or smell near as many people as the farm land critters......

The Cherokee is one of gods finest pieces or work.......and I love being up there........

Jamal........just get out there and enjoy yourself.......life's to short not too........
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater