Author Topic: Need Animation Help  (Read 658 times)

Offline Old Griz

• Trade Count: (0)
Need Animation Help
« on: May 03, 2006, 05:35:30 AM »
:cb2: Hey guys. I need to find a web site that has animation that shows how a gun works, fires, etc.

I teach history and we were talking about weapons that were introduced in World War I, when several GIRLS wanted to know how a gun works. One even asked what the grooves were inside the barrel. She had seen these on her dad's gun.

My pitiful drawings on the board leaved much to be desired. I was wondering were I could find some good animation that would show waht takes place when you fire a gun.

Thanks!

(As you can tell, my classroom and teaching style is not what you would consider "politically correct.")  :-D
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline darrell8937

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Need Animation Help
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 10:04:37 AM »
I have come accross many short video clips of diffrent types of guns firing and showing how they work. Stumbled accross them cruising the net. you should be able to do a googel search and find something.

Offline darrell8937

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Need Animation Help
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 10:26:20 AM »
http://www.kurzzeit.com/

look around this sight, there are a few that you might be interested in. One is a ak 47 with the action cover removed and showing the action cycle. I save a few in my files. some high speed stuff.

Offline aughtsix

Re: Need Animation Help
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 11:45:07 AM »
I know this is an older post. But, for what it's worth, try this site. It has animations for revolver and semi auto pistol.

http://www.genitron.com/basics.html

Offline williamlayton

Re: Need Animation Help
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 07:43:25 PM »
I have, as a screen saver, just such an animation for the 1911. It is from STI International and is free. The animations are very good and there are at least 6 different cut aways showing all the parts working in conjunction.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD