Author Topic: Is that really a .....  (Read 639 times)

Offline TrenchMud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Is that really a .....
« on: November 29, 2006, 09:49:24 AM »
Had to do a double take on this one (and then I asked). Not gonna say where I was to save this guy any grief. I was talking to a police officer and noticed something interesting in his car. A sheriff's model
.44 cal revolver ? Fluted Cylinder & all. He is into some sort of black powder shooting competitions
and he told me he mostly carried it to dispatch animals that were struck by cars. But he had slipped it into the small of his back belt carry as a backup a couple of times. My mind then wondered
about how long it has been since a lawman has actually shot a bad guy with a front- stuffer ?
I'll bet it would make headlines all over the world if it happened. This was a very small town and the Officers pretty much carried what they want. His duty weapon was a Glock .40 cal.

Offline longcaribiner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Is that really a .....
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:48:29 PM »
In the mid to late 1970's they had a murder trial in Southern Maryland in which a fellow used an original front stuffer dueling pistol to "off" his wife's boyfriend.   In addition, a repro kentucky pistol was used unloaded to attempt a bank robbery in PG county Maryland around 1980.   

The guy that killed the Amish girls at the school two months ago had 5 lbs of black powder substitute  bullets and reloading tools to reload his 9mm shells along with bullets.  Some folks think the miscreant mistook triple seven for Reloader 7. 

BTW in some states a cap and ball revolver is not legally a muzzleloader because obviously, they don't load from the muzzle.