Author Topic: It has been a good week...  (Read 381 times)

Offline redneckd1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
It has been a good week...
« on: January 24, 2007, 10:48:57 AM »
I must have done something right in a passed life!! Sat. 13 Jan, I went to one of my favorite hunting spots and low and behold a beautiful 180lbs, 10pt came strolling up to my stand. Got him at 30 yards and took him to the taxidermist!! Nice tall rack with a 16.25" inside spread and each side is nearly a mirror image of the other. Now that was a great weekend hunt. However, my son and I went back out this passed weekend and on 20 Jan, I was sitting in my all time favorite hunting spot when a 170lbs, 8pt with a 16.5" inside spread was distracted by a pretty little doe. He too came within 30 yards and I got him as well. Now, when I climbed down to go check him out I heard a shot from where my son was hunting. He ended up with a 155lbs, 8pt, a much smaller rack, but a nice healthy deer!! Father and son double 8's on the same morning, we were pretty happy to say the least!! I've got pix, if I can figure out how to put them on here I will!!!

Cheers,
R

I'm not broken, but you can see the cracks :eek:

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Re: It has been a good week...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 12:54:16 PM »
I'd say you had a great week!Nice deer.
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline .308sniper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • happiness is a steaming gut pile.
Re: It has been a good week...
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 01:54:43 PM »
Great Job!   Good to see people shooting more deer.
have fun! get it done with a 308.