Author Topic: Question about the rossi revolvers  (Read 1059 times)

Offline snuffer#1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Question about the rossi revolvers
« on: September 08, 2006, 09:07:19 PM »
I just recently bought a rossi 38 special +p revolver. I feel that it should be a good CCW . It has a 2" barrel. I wished that I could have afforded a Ruger sp101. I already have a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 colt and soon to have another Blackhawk in 357. I 'm curious with this rossi. Are they a decent revolver? I'm hoping it is! ???
Anything worth learning can't be taught in a classroom.

Offline Uncle Ji

• Avid Poster
  • ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBORUNDUM EST
    • Hawaiian Style
Re: Question about the rossi revolvers
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 02:32:51 PM »
I'm happy with mine, a model 971 in stainless steel 1991 vintage.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 02:20:19 PM »
ive seen some of the revolvers that needed work and and some that were very good shooters. the newer ones are usually fine.shoot it and see what happens, is it reliable?fire several cylinders full DA fast as you can, no binding or dragging? then carry and enjoy.

Offline snuffer#1

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 12:34:11 AM »
Now I'm a ruger person at heart. But I went to the rossi website and I was looking at the 38 spec. +p. The looks of the 4" barrel with a vent. barrel looks sweet.  :) It also has an adjustable rear site and I've never seen one on any of the other brands with an adjustable rear sight. My next revolver will be a blackhawk in 357 mag. but I just might have to have the rossi also. ;D
                                                                                                tommy
Anything worth learning can't be taught in a classroom.

Offline Dennis17

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 07:04:34 AM »
Just bought a 972 6" stainless revolver this past year and love it. Had a little rough area in double action trigger pull but lapped itself in within a few times of sitting around watching tv and working it. Unbelievable how much this will do for a trigger pull. In my opinion it is the best bang for your buck in revolvers. You will be happy with it. Accuracy is on par with Smiths in my opinion, fit is very slightly worse but not by a large margin. My opinion. Hope this helps.