Author Topic: kahr k9  (Read 618 times)

Offline blackdirt beagles

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Blackdirt Kennels
kahr k9
« on: January 21, 2004, 09:10:47 AM »
whats the scoop? im buying an unfired one for $380 from my uncle. wandered if they really live up to their hype.
Blackdirt Kennels

Brian Joiner

815-303-2569- anytime

Offline jcsabolt2

kahr k9
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 01:22:32 AM »
I've never read a bad thing about Kahr's.  They have the smallest and thinnest (1") handguns manufactured today in 9mm and 40 S&W.  It is smaller than a lof of the higher end 380's produced by Beretta and Sig.  The ones I have handled are much smaller than a snubnose revolver.  They have no manual safeties are DA only and the triggers are striker fired.  All of their firearms have passed the insane testing of Massachusetts for the drop test with a live round.  Actually, just a primered round is used in testing.  They triggers have about a 7.5-8 lb pull, but can be dropped down a little by a good gunsmith.  If you are looking for a small very concealable weapon that is dependable, this is it.  If you are looking for a "combat" firearm or something you will shoot a lot keep looking unless you get one of their larger models.  People that I have talked to that own Kahrs sware by them.  There was an article several years ago by Wiley Clapp in G&A.  In his testing for situations in which you would pull a concealed weapon the Kahr beat a Glock in accuracy.

I'm considering purchasing one myself (new $600) or a Para 6-45.  Wish I could buy both.  For $380 you can't beat that price.  I'd buy it if I were you.  Shoot it and see if you like it.
A man with a gun is a citizen...a man without a gun is a subject.
Great Pro Gun Site...not what you might be thinking.  http://www.flashbunny.org/

Offline Savage

kahr k9
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »
The Kahrs are excellent little pistols. Small envelope and very reliable! The ony thing that keeps the steel frame models from being an excellent CCW gun is the weight! The little chunks weigh in at 25ozs+. However, the new polymer models keep the small size and weigh in at around 16ozs. That's over half a pound lighter! Now you're talking "carry gun"!!!
My advice would be, you want a carry gun----consider the P-9 polymer. You want a range gun, buy something else!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

• Blackdirt Kennels
kahr k9
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 08:24:33 AM »
this is gonna be more of a "house" or "truck" gun. its the older k9 model, but its unshot and comes with the original $580 receipt, plus i keep a lot of guns anyway, just wasnt too familiar with KAHR.
Blackdirt Kennels

Brian Joiner

815-303-2569- anytime

• Blackdirt Kennels
kahr k9
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2004, 09:09:59 AM »
finally got it today. its the MK9 model, not the K9 as i said. got the $575 receipt with it, all for just $380. new in '99 and never fired. i'll get it out this week and try it out.
Blackdirt Kennels

Brian Joiner

815-303-2569- anytime