Author Topic: Leupold clones?  (Read 667 times)

Offline Swamp Yankee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Leupold clones?
« on: September 13, 2006, 11:45:02 AM »
I've had to start looking for a new scope for my daughter [long story] and was on e-bay and noticed a number of real cheap Leupold mk 4 m1's. These are $1000,00 plus scopes going for less than $200. with shipping. Well I had to look.  Seems that these clones are comming out of Hong Kong. Talk about copy right infringment!I don't know why e-bay lets them do it...........Has anyone else seen them?
    By the way I think I have settled on a Bushnell Banner for the kid.....Jim

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
Re: Leupold clones?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 02:55:43 PM »
 I find myself wondering if these scope are just Nc-Star's in disguise or an actual copy of a Leupold. I'm temped to buy one just to find out ;D

With reguards to copright and patent infringment. Companys in SE Aisa have a long tradition of not caring. (EXAMPLE) look at the small cc motor scooters and motor bikes made in the reigon for export world wide,reguardless of brand 90% of them are using a carbon copy of a Honda engine. Do you think Honda motor corp sees one red cent worth of royalties. Negative

Offline glazer1972

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 06:48:45 PM »
They are not exact copies of Leupold.  They look kinda like a Leupy.  They even say Leupold on the bottom.  The turrets turn opposite of a Leupy and the power adjustment ring is different.

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 05:08:38 AM »