Author Topic: Bar shot idea  (Read 566 times)

Offline CU_Cannon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Bar shot idea
« on: December 17, 2006, 10:58:14 AM »
I was in Dicks today when I walked by the weightlifting section.  I got looking at those bright colored weights and I thought they would make great bar shot.  The 1 lb weight is around 1.5” and the 2 lb around 2” each being around 6” long.  I didn’t have a ruler so it is a rough guess.  Under the plastic coating is cast iron so if you striped off the outside they could be turned to just about any size.  I’m sure different manufactures make different sizes also.  At a few bucks a piece it might not be bad to try. 

Anyone else have some thoughts?

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Bar shot idea
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »
Now you just need to find an enemy full rigged fleet to engage.  :-)
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline copdoc

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 12:21:35 PM »
Yep, same thought first time I saw them.  I have not fired one,yet.

Offline Will Bison

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 10:30:07 AM »
I cut some C balls in half and installed some thread-all between the two halfs. The balls are 1 7/8 and I spaced the two halfs 4 inches apart, worked OK. After I cut the balls I drilled and tapped them for half inch endless thread with 4 inch spacing flat to flat.

We set up some targets made of construction scrap, 2X4's and half inch plywood, at 75 yards. Quite a show, the bar shot ripped some good holes in the target. I want to set up some rat lines and see what happens.

Bill