Author Topic: NAHC, any opinions?  (Read 439 times)

Offline unclecheech

• Trade Count: (0)
NAHC, any opinions?
« on: January 04, 2007, 12:47:50 PM »
Thinking of joining the NAHC (north american hunting club), any opinions as to the validity of their claims? I can't believe the items that you get to test are going to be shotguns or bows. Also are the free gifts as nice as they claim or are they chintzy cheap stuff. any info would be greatly appreciated.
"Yeah, tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: NAHC, any opinions?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 12:50:41 PM »
I've been a life member for about 15yrs, the only thing they ever sent me to test was some hand cream/protectant!! ::) I do enjoy the magazine and I did get a "free" leather jacket for my $330 membership fee. I've spent more and got less before and since!!

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 01:00:36 PM »
I was a Charter Member back when it first started and was one of the early folks to convert to life membership. My advice is to save your money.

I've gotten three items to test in the 20+ years of membership and all of them added together weren't wroth $5. Back in those days they were buying up land that was supposed to be for members ONLY to hunt on. They've sure not mentioned that land in over 20 years but as I recall they bought up several thousand acres in several states using member donations and now who knows what they've done with it.

If I weren't already a life member I'd not pay them a nickel a year for membership, even at that I'd be getting the short end of the deal.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline flitz

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 01:37:04 PM »
my son and i are both life members.have never recieved anything to test.
at least quick got hand cream.but the magazine is good. would i join again
doubtful
TO THE HUNT

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 01:06:28 AM »
Was a member for several years going back about 15 years ago (maybe more).  The magazine was pretty good as I recall.  The only freebies I ever got were things like bumper stickers and embroidered patches with their name on them.  ::)  I believe that they offer discounts on travel, lodging, etc.  and they had a list of member business owners that offered discounts on their products and services to other members. They also used to provide a directory of hunting guides that other members had used and recommended.  So the networking could be useful if you hunted out of state a lot and needed guide service or lodging, or shot thru the mail a lot.   In short it is what you make of it.  The main reasons I am no longer a member is that what little time I can devote to hunting or shooting is done locally and I have memberships in several other organizations who's services and information are comparable.  I am a life member of their sister org. The North American Fishing Club.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline sportyg

• Trade Count: (0)
    • http://www.hhh-usa.org
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 11:52:49 AM »
I'm a long time life member as well. I gotten about 5 or 6 items to test. Right now I have some hevi shot 13 to test.  The people on the BB are great. They have a new radio talk show that seems to favor the  members, as they do interviews with members for some of the shows. I have gotten them to do an interview about Hunters Helping Hunters. This is being done on the 16th. When it is airing I don't know yet.  Management well it is a business not much more I can say about them. I didn't know about the land, that seems to be something they keep the general membership from knowing about. Looks like something some needs to bring up to the membership. I've never been one one of their member hunts they charge an out landish amount. Over all unless you want to network on the BB. Don't spend your money. As the BB is the best thing about NAHC.
Gordy (sportyg)
FBM: Hunters Helping Hunters (HHH)
www.hhh-usa.org
MBR:TRCP
LM:NAHC