Author Topic: Another problem with lee equipment  (Read 2430 times)

Offline jack19512

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Another problem with lee equipment
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2006, 11:28:36 AM »
I have used Lee equipment for years, have had great luck with it and the ammo I loaded was very accurate, I also have some RCBS and other brands of equipment some no longer avalilable. SO! last Aug I bought a Lee progressive 1000 to load 38 special as I was doing more target shooting.  This was my mistake.  The bullet feed is almost manual and the primer feed misses 15 to 20 out of 100. when the primer misses I end up with powder all over the bench and in the workings of the press causing a shut down in loading.  I can load almost as fast on my old C&H single stage press.  If I could get rid of it for close to what I paid I woud try a RCBS or Dillon.

I do not have this setup you refer to but I seem to remember someone on this board does, or had.  I seem to remember a lot of the problems had to do with it being set up properly.  I could be wrong and maybe thinking of something else but if I do remember correctly maybe the person I am thinking of will chime in and maybe give you some tips on things he knows about the press you have.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2006, 01:19:55 PM »
Lee has an FAQ page with several Pro 1000  links, they also have the instruction manual for download.

Tim

http://leeprecision.com/cgi/faq/index.cgi

http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/TR2441.pdf
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Scarlet Pumpernickel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 08:37:36 AM »
Don't condemn Lee dies for accuracy until you try the Lee collet die!  Follow the instructions and you will be amazed.
Lee collet dies are the secret to accurate .22 hornet loads.  Also use the Lee factiry crimp die.  Lil gun powder and a pistol primer.  Use fireformed brass.  I can hit pennys at 100 yards almost every time.
The Scarlet Pumpernickel

Enemy of those who makehim an enemy;
Friend of those who have no friend.