Author Topic: 10 Gauge  (Read 533 times)

Offline Scotsman1886

• Trade Count: (2)
10 Gauge
« on: February 01, 2007, 07:35:12 AM »
Well I picked up a used NEF 10 gauge. Looks like a home done camo paint job but It's not a bad one. Would NEF be able to tell me the original configuration?
Very excited about taking it out to shoot, dispite my gunsmiths opinion that once I shooot it I'll wann trade it away. HAHA

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: 10 Gauge
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 10:52:54 AM »
Yes they can, if you call CS with the serial number they can tell you how it left the factory....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline LEO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:19:08 AM »
Put a Simms limbsaver pad on it, fill the stock hole with lead shot and don't shoot it from the bench and they are bearable, to me noticably less recoil than a 3 1/2" 12 gauge, this only applies if you are shooting turkey loads, with steel they don't kick nearly as hard, lighter pay load and all, no way around physics.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 12:36:20 PM »
What is the barrel length? What choke is it or does it have screw in chokes? You can date it by the serial no. prefix. There is a chart in the faq stick on the CF forum. I've got two the and the recoil is substantial but not unmannageable. Definitely not as bad as a 3 1/2" 12ga.Give us a report after you shoot it an post some pics. Some of the old NEF/H&R factfory camo jobs look like they were done in a garage somewhere by teenagers.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Scotsman1886

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 03:44:54 AM »
It has a screw in choke and upon further investigation I will guess its a home camo job as rthe reciever is also painted. I saw the current ones only the furnature is painted.

I'm looking forward to shooting it and think this will be my first spring turkey hunt. I'll try and post some pictures but its not my specialty.