Author Topic: Anybody tried one of the new AccuShot scopes?  (Read 312 times)

Offline Skeezix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Anybody tried one of the new AccuShot scopes?
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:55:16 AM »
I just did something that I didn't think I'd ever do.  Bought a cheap, Chinese scope.  Picked it up new at a gunshow in Ottumwa, Iowa this past weekend.

It's an AccuShot 1.5-6x44 SWAT scope with illuminated reticle that can be either red or green.  Really pretty cool.  The reticle is etched glass and is guaranteed to be able to stand up even to air rifle recoil. 

Well, we'll see about that.  I'm putting it on a Beeman R-10 .20 cal that was the ruination of a much more expensive scope.

The thing is fully multicoated and is surprisingly bright and clear.  And it only cost $119.  Has a 30mm tube with cool, locking, target-type turrets and the light control knob is on the side of the adjustment housing.  The only downside I see so far is that it's HEAVY........  It feels like you could bludgeon an elephant to death with it.

It also came with a screw-on sun shade and good quality, flip-up lens covers. 

AccuShot is a division of Leapers.. :(  ::) but the dealer was adamant that if I had ANY problem with it whatsoever, bring it back.  AccuShot makes several other similar scopes, but with different power ranges, that looked like really good deals if they're worth a hoot.

Anybody out there got any experience with AccuShot????
Skeezix

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Offline Skeezix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Anybody tried one of the new AccuShot scopes?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:22:12 AM »
Skeezix

Only accurate rifles are interesting.