Author Topic: varmints islands  (Read 633 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
varmints islands
« on: February 01, 2007, 02:21:13 PM »

Well i was setting outside cleaning my saltwater tackle when  some of my neighbors knock on my door. i was thinking " man what did they see" and they ask me if i could show some of there peoples from up north some FL fishing and maybe a little varmint's. I say i see what i could do and i rented a flats boat and got my gear ready for this. Friday i met the people i was going to take out.i ask them what they want to do, go shoot some hogs and varmints or fish for big in the bay or go about a 1/2 mile out and bottom fish. all 4 says they want the bottom fish and hunt. I told them to get there fish and hunting licenses and told them most of the varmints could be taken with a airgun and so get one if you wanted and i will have the hogs guns. Saturday comes and at noon my clients show up. I had ask tom for some guns and i had a sks, black-power 44 6 shooter, a gamo sliver shadow, Benjamin 392, mini 30 and a handi-rifle in 30/30. 2 of the hunters had got airguns one had a daisy 1000 and a 880 the other had a crosman 2100. I had my 2200,766, my noble 12GA, and tom gave me his 45/70 1895SS( he said get your own ammo for my guns) i also had the rods, ice and most thing we would need. I check to see if ever one had there license and we set off to were we would hunt. we got to the biggest island and set off after hogs. i found a nice big sow and the first hunter come up with the sks. It had a 5 shot mag. and i told him to keep shooting tell it's down. i got my 45/70 up and just before the shot isee it to high but before i could say anything he fires. the shot was on the hard shoulder and he just look at it. the hog was not down and came running at use and the rest of the herd was all over the place. I drop her with 3 shots from the 40/70 and after she was down i said " hell that was fun, let do it again" i took the pig back to the boat( i dress it out as best as i could) and the other 3 pigs kills were uneventful. one boar maybe 75 pounds with my 12GA with Pmc slugs, sow with 30/30 and the last the biggest i have ever seen a 203 ponder with my 45/70( he had the mini 30 and i told him use my 45/70 for this big one) after the pig hunt i ask if they wanted to go home and they no so on the the varmints. we got the varmints guns and i took them to the center of the island. it's flat here and i put out some bait out and waited. varmints islands has jacks, a few pdogs,i have seen woodchucks, coons,beavers,armadillos, nutrias,yotes,rats, wild pets(dogs cat and others) and lots of birds. we kill 10 rats here and then we walked around and killed a armadillo, a feral cat, and 5 coons. it was getting dark so we headed back and 6 nutria were killed and 2 beavers were killed from the boat on the way back. the next day i took them about a 1/2 mile out  and the cooler was filled with snapper, grouper, blues fish and a spinner shark( which i had to clean because i was the only one at the dock that knows how). ever one liked the job i did and i got some tips. I help with the hog trophy and found a good taxer for them that would do it for a lost cost. after cover all my cost i made 200$. all i am is a 19 year old boy that knows some good hunting grounds. I am not a guide or outfitter i just did it because i was ask to and pay to.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline jamaldog87

Re: varmints islands
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 07:16:29 AM »
well it was fun and it been rainnning and i have not been back out there to hunt them but i did see a nuta swiming to the main land the other day.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 06:17:19 AM »
this happen the other day.

i took out my 2 man boat and i had my 766 and heavy machete. it was cold and i was going to shoot some rats for fun. i have the machete in case of yote or hogs both which leave people alone here. i had been looking for something to shoot when i see the body of a very small hog. i look at it and see it's half eaten and i am thinking a yote did well. when i stand up and turn around i see something that's not a coyote. i could not get a good look at it(i was scary) but it looked like a leopard or lioness but it was bigger than a FL panther and looked old. i had my hand on my machete and she walks by me picks up the kill and looks at me like" what you going to do boy with that" and walks off. i ran like hell and got back in my little boat and took off. i guess why it did attack was it was old and probably someone pet once. I had my back turn and was a easy target. i came back at 4:44pm with a spotting scope and i see some people fishing and after 20 mins they leave and there was muttet and sea cat on the bank. it came out and ate this and sat there watching me watch her. i don't know what it is but it's not panther because it looks like none i have ever seen before in a zoo. it seem it want nothing to do what people because it had been watch those people fish from a tree and last summer i had camp there for 3 days and i had some food taken in the night but it thought it was a yote. I will not camp there any more now.

people should not get exotic pets and then let them loose in the wild like that. I have hunt a lot here in different parts of FL and i have seen caracals,sevals, duiker, monkeys,elk, ground hogs, pdogs, wolfs, ferrets, badger and now some kind of lion or something, what are people thinking letteing something like that loose. People should not get these pet at all.

Offline oso45-70

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 01:52:08 PM »
Jamaldog87

Right on jamaldog, They need to keep the ZOO animals in the ZOO........Joe..........
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 07:12:28 AM »
that why there  are all kinds of sakes and stuff here.