Author Topic: 30-06 compact stainless camo  (Read 1393 times)

Offline ccoorreeyy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
30-06 compact stainless camo
« on: February 10, 2007, 03:34:09 PM »
Dropped by the gun shop today.  They had just gotten a 30-06 compact stainless camo elite in.  It looked ok but shouldered and felt great!  At $413 its more than a handi, but much less than a similar encore.  I'm sure i'll get one one day when the laminated thumbhole's come out.
This is the day that the Lord hath made!!  I will rejoice and be glad in it!!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: 30-06 compact stainless camo
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 06:07:25 PM »
Dropped by the gun shop today.  They had just gotten a 30-06 compact stainless camo elite in.  It looked ok but shouldered and felt great!  At $413 its more than a handi, but much less than a similar encore.  I'm sure i'll get one one day when the laminated thumbhole's come out.

Yup...The HD stainless is a little more than a Handi...but...your getting a lot more in the process...#1...Your getting a full stainless rifle...not one that is partly nickel coated...Your getting a better grade of steel all around...on top of that...your getting a 24" barrel that the specs are held to a minimum...not to mention being able to buy any barrel for the Elite's...and put it on without ever having to send it in again...If NEF offered all of this...I can honestly say...they would be priced about the same...Now...get a price on a nice blued one...and you'll see the difference isn't as much...My gun dealer here is selling the center fires in stainless for $375 retail for the full sized ones...and the blued compacts for $339....retail...The wood stocks will be nice when they come out and will be slightly higher...and rest assured I'll have a set of them for mine...and most likely the boys will want them too at some point...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 04:36:28 AM »
The lady at my local Walmart showed me there catalog,and she can order the fullsized one for $303,and the compacts are about $15 dollors less.I bought mine at Acadamy's for $286.If you're near KY.,Buds gun shop has them for $282 on the internet.They really do feel good on the shoulder.      Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline kodiakemt

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 04:48:12 AM »
How does that online with Buds work? They send it to your local FFL?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 05:47:45 AM »
I haven't dealt with Bud's but have with The Gunsource online, they'll want a copy of your FFL's license sent to them, after payment and FFL copy is received, they'll ship it to your FFL. They may already have a copy if they've shipped to your FFL in the past,  TGS had one on file already for mine, so they shipped it the next day. 

I just bought an Optima Elite from Whittakers, they do the same thing, but they'll accept the FFL copy by fax, called my FFL and they faxed the copy, this one was ordered over the phone.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain