Author Topic: Fury muzzle loader bullets  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Fury muzzle loader bullets
« on: February 08, 2007, 04:15:09 AM »

I was wondering...has anyone ever tried these bullets? I saw them yesterday...and was pretty intriqued by them to say the least..The have a BC of 300 and that is pretty high for a ML bullet...

http://www.ultimatefirearms.com/muzzleloaderballistics.php

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline mangulator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Fury muzzle loader bullets
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 04:26:18 AM »
They look very interesting but have you tried T/C Shock-Waves or Power belts? I have had good luck with 250 grain Shock-waves. I have CVA kodiak Pro Mag. that I recently picked up and it loves the Power belts. and 100 grains of loose Pyrodex R/S powder. Been thinking of switching to A/P powder.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 05:10:07 AM »
They look very interesting but have you tried T/C Shock-Waves or Power belts? I have had good luck with 250 grain Shock-waves. I have CVA kodiak Pro Mag. that I recently picked up and it loves the Power belts. and 100 grains of loose Pyrodex R/S powder. Been thinking of switching to A/P powder.

I haven't tried anything yet...I'll have it home on Saturday...I spoke with the company that makes these...and their ultimate ML...and he recommends (3) 30 grain pellets and the 209 primers...Seems like it should do a good job...They are wicked looking for a ML bullet..

Mac

Offline mangulator

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 07:14:42 AM »
They do look good and the load they are recommending is reasonable. I like Winchester 209's primers. Will; the best way to find out how your muzzle loader will shoot them is to try pack, also do not exclude the Shock-Wave or Power belt. I would clean my barrel after each shot. A friend of mine swears by American Powder and states it is easy to clean your barrel. Good luck let me know, I may be interested in trying them out. The only thing I can say is that the fun of shooting a muzzle loader is working up a load.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 06:52:30 PM »

I got some of the new Barnes Spit-Fire TMZ's coming in the mail to try as well...I don't know if you all have seen these..( probably have.. :D )..but...they look real good too...

http://www.barnesbullets.com/prodmuzzleloader.php

I got to talk to Ty in the reloading room...and Jessica for the consumer groups at Barnes...Both are real nice people to deal with if you all want to know...Saturday won't get here soon enough... :'(

It aught to be a interesting match up between them...

Mac

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 12:05:22 PM »

I just thought I would show a real picture of these pretty cool bullets here...I got it sitting next to a 338 cal 180grain Combined Technology Silver tip....I really like the looks of it... ;)

Mac

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 12:07:10 PM »
The muzzleloader version of "short fat" magnum!! ;D

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 12:50:56 PM »
That is sure a long bullet to be only 275gr. I am looking forward to seeing how it flies.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline mangulator

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 06:06:27 AM »
Mac11700, lets us know when you go out to shoot those new bullets. I would be interested also in how they perform. I was able to get out with my CVA Kodiak Pro Mag. yesterday day and did okay. But may try those bullets you bought if you have any luck ;D

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 06:44:01 AM »

I will...I hope to have the Barnes TMZ's here next week,,,and will be doing a side-by-side between them and the Fury's......Seems no-one has the 30 grain 777 pellets around here unfortunately...so..I have them and the new Winchester primers ordered...to test...Right now all I have is the loose 777 powder and regular 209 primers... I'll be ordering this loading tool from Ultimate as well...just to see if it will make loading more consistent..they call it the pack-jack....It supposed to give a 50lb measurable seating pressure with it...and seems to me would be a beneficial tool to use...

Mac

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 01:37:55 PM »
Jessica in the consumer group of Barnes should know what she's talking about. That's probably Randy Barnes' daughter.  I know that Randy's daughter is named Jessica, and she's got a good reputation as a tough shooter to beat.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 06:54:26 PM »

I'll have to ask her when I talk to her again...They will be here for the NRA convention she said...

Mac