Author Topic: Charter Arms Bulldog  (Read 1312 times)

Offline EsoxLucius

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Charter Arms Bulldog
« on: October 18, 2006, 04:36:46 PM »
Where would be a good place to look at and buy a Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Spl?
We learn something new everyday whether we want to or not.

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Charter Arms Bulldog
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 02:43:16 AM »
There are several of them on Auctionarms.com right now.  That might be the best source since I haven't seen any at gun shows or at the dealers in my area.

Offline EsoxLucius

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 03:58:52 AM »
Thanks, that's why I asked.  I suppose I could get my local guy to order one too.
We learn something new everyday whether we want to or not.

Offline Buddy in AK

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 05:45:58 PM »
Hey Esox,

Did you ever find a Bulldog?  My local guy shop sold one a week before I went in looking for one.  It took him a couple of months but finally got another one in.  I bought it today.  He had two (same) but I looked and felt both.  Good thing i did as one would not drop the hammer all the way shooting (dry fire) in slow single action.  They are not great on fit and finish but it is what I wanted.  Good review on GunBlast.com.  Not sure when I'll get to shoot it.  Need to reload........

Buddy in AK

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 06:39:57 AM »
I have always enjoyed the Bulldog .44.  I have owned three of them.  One was cut to 2" barrel, another had the 4" target barrel and the one I have at present is a 3".  Ken Kelly at Mag-na-port polished it up a little, put a c-more front sight blade in, and ported it for me.  It's sighted in for 200 gr gold dots and is an excellent shooter.  Ken does excellent work!  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline scout34

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 01:00:03 PM »
Just got one of the stainless ones.  As you say, it's a little rough, but still feels good.  I put some Barami clip grips on it.

Offline scout34

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 02:38:18 AM »
Had some problems when I went to try out my new Bulldog.  Fired one shot of cowboy load LFP and then the gun would fire no more!  Could only get light primer strikes.  Spoke with the folks at Charter and they have said to send it back to them, but I have not had a chance to yet.  Finally getting around to it this week.

Update:  Just got the Bulldog back.  Good customer service.  I'll be trying it out this weekend.