Author Topic: Place to shoot in Maryland?  (Read 484 times)

Offline ctriley1

• Trade Count: (0)
Place to shoot in Maryland?
« on: January 27, 2007, 06:28:31 PM »
My son and daughter and I are looking for a place other than a range to shoot our black powder revolvers (and airguns).  We're located in Harford County. To be blunt, most ranges don't seem to take kindly to powder burners. At this point, we'd be willing to pay RENT to a landowner for the privilege of having a hassle-free place to shoot. Can anybody out there help us?

Offline mykeal

• Avid Poster
Re: Place to shoot in Maryland?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 02:24:49 AM »
Google "maryland muzzleloader clubs". You will get a good list of where the smokepole lovers go in your state. Contact some of them directly and you should get your questions answered.

Offline ed1921

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 02:04:43 PM »
The Hap Baker range at the Carrol County landfill welcomes black powder shooters.
It's a bit of a drive from Harford Co., but it's not hard to get to . It's on Rt. 140 (Westminster Pike) before you get to Westminster.
The winter hours are cut back a bit, but weekends are always open & the prices are reasonable. It can get busy during deer season, but usually it's not bad.
Coming out rt. 140 turn right into the landfill & follow the signs.
It's a covered outdoor range. I've shot just about everything there from .22's  to 12 ga. slugs as well as a BP Hawken & Old Army revolver.
I believe I also shot the Old Army in Timonium at Continental Arms, but it's been a while since I've been there.

Offline ctriley1

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 03:31:54 AM »
thanks Ed1921.  When the weather clears we'll give it a try.