Author Topic: gun control rationale  (Read 408 times)

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
gun control rationale
« on: February 15, 2007, 02:05:10 PM »
Thought you guys would find this interesting.

http://www.ribz.com/guncontrol.htm

I was gonna copy it but it's too long.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: gun control rationale
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:24:58 PM »
I don't know if it is so much what you have to believe in as much as it is what you couldn't possibly believe.  Who could possibly believe that in this land of the free there are gun control advocate groups, elected political leaders, governmental entities, and a host of incredibly evil people who simply want an unarmed populace they can subordinate to their total control under the heels of their boots.  Communism, Nazi Germany, Afganistan under the Taliban/ Moslem Theocracy, the hordes of tribal genoside taking place in Africa are all just different terms for what the gun control people want. 

I have no idea why people are so blind to reality as to believe some of that nonsense but I think they just aren't dealin' with a full deck.  I don't care how bright or intelligent or accomplished they may seem or be but their is either a screw loose somewhere or for some reason they don't have both oars in the water.  Unfortunately there are a lot of them and they vote.  You may not be able to reason with them as they are so convinced of their beliefs they cannot fathom having to change a thought. 

However, all is not lost.  Many of these people become victims of their own stupidity which often has the effect of making them change their minds.  Clubs work well in cases like these but this is just my opinion.  Mikey.

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: gun control rationale
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 01:28:41 AM »
Laws have never and, were never thought too, prevent ANYTHING.
They just tell you what paperwork too fill out and who is responsible for knowing where that paperwork is.
The USGA and the ROYAL AND ANCIENT have very specific--VERY SPECIFIC--rules for playing the game of golf. I defy anyone to say that these rules are adhered too by most that play--the vast majority who play--well at least in the group of hustlers I play with.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD