Author Topic: Antelope hunting outfitter ?  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Ravenwolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Antelope hunting outfitter ?
« on: November 17, 2005, 07:47:43 AM »
Hi all.  I'm looking for some recommendations for outfitters in the western South Dakota or eastern Wyoming/Montana area.  I couple of guys and I want to go out in the fall of 2006 for Antelope using rifles/handguns.  Any recommendations would be most appreciated....RW
shoot straight, shoot often, shoot safe

Offline Jim n Iowa

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 12:49:25 PM »
I have not been out there for some time hunting the "goat", but have traveled through northern and  eastern WY lately and the numbers look good. I have hunted in Moorecroft which is by "Devels Tower" and Lusk further south. We always got decent bucks but no wall hangers. If you want trophies a outfitter would help. Contact the CC and VFW in towns where you might want to hunt, they can provide you with info. For example in Lusk they used to have a game feed to bring the ranchers and hunters together. I understand the trespass fees may be as high as the license.
Jim

Offline DakotaMike

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 05:16:53 AM »
Ravenwolf,
I have never used a guide for antelope hunting in Southeastern Montana and personally think you would be better off saving your money. We hunt this area about every other year and have taken some very nice antelope in the 16" class with everything from rifles to bows. This is area 700 on the Montana Fish & Game application. We stay in Ekalaka perferably and if the motel there is booked up, then we stay in Baker. There is a huge amount of BLM (public) land southwest of Ekalaka open to hunting and there are more antelope there than you will ever see outside of Wyoming. Our hunting methods are to spot an antelope buck and then try a stalk or if they are feeding then try to position in front of them. On two ocassions we have asked for permission to hunt on private land and both times the landowner was more than happy for us to run the antelopes off their land.
Dakotamike

Offline deerslayer2

Re: Antelope hunting outfitter ?
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 03:45:54 PM »
free bump