Author Topic: need help desiding  (Read 369 times)

Offline huntnut

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
need help desiding
« on: February 25, 2007, 07:20:17 AM »
Well my money should be in Wensday from my last gun sale I did. I looking at getting 2 or 3 more NEF/H&R's right now I have.

NEF 10ga turkey for waterfowl and turkey
NEF 243 ultra for coyote and deer
H&R Buffalo Classic 45-70 hogs and deer

I'm looking at getting 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 of these if the wife will let me get that many. I was just going to send my 243 recever off to get a couple barrel but I just can't wait that long.

204 ruger  , I had one in a handi and it was a tack driver, have brass , bullets , no dies
223 have bullets, brass no dies
22-250 , have dies, brass, bullets
25-06 w/26" barrel would work on coyotes and deer
270 ultra if I can find one if not just a handi have brass, bullets, no dies
357 for deer and playing
also thought about a 30-30, but I'm not into them to much I have an old winchester lever action.
44 mag but from what I've heard they suck for accuracy.
As you can see I mostly shoot paper, coyote, and deer.
AIM SMALL MISS SMALL 1 SHOT 1 KILL

Offline mookster79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: need help desiding
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 07:26:37 AM »
I love my .223, if my future handis perform anywhere near like it does I would be happier than a pig in........well you get the idea.  My next one is going to be the 204.  I shoot mostly paper and varmint, but I would still like to have something in the range of a 30-30.  I also don't currently load my own rounds and can buy .223 rounds pretty cheap.  I say buy as many as you can without getting in too much trouble with the misses.  Good luck.
TJM

Offline Hazard

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 08:54:00 AM »
i sure enjoy my .223, i too only shoot paper and targets, (iowa has no bigger game rifle seasons) i wouldnt mind having a few more, in larger cal. maybe a large rimmed cartridge? but im sure whatever you get youll love it and with a little time it will shoot good too... I wouldnt be afraid of getting a .223 cal if i was you, but like i said whatever you choose will be a good choice.

just my opinion.

adam

Offline huntnut

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »
Well I talk myself into getting a 204ruger I have been reading back post, with that and have'n one in the past I think thats my best bet. It will cover the bases out to 350yrds. I allways have the 243 for shooting long range if its windy. I was torn between the 204 and 22-250 even tho I'm settup for the 22-250, but the 204 has alot less recoil and ballistic are the same or better with it. Now I need to figure out if I want a handi or ultra varmintor. I thought about just getting the handi and buying a choate stock and forend for it, I don't know which way would be cheaper.
AIM SMALL MISS SMALL 1 SHOT 1 KILL