Author Topic: Cabela's Alaskan Guide scopes  (Read 656 times)

Offline hunter5325

• Trade Count: (0)
Cabela's Alaskan Guide scopes
« on: February 20, 2007, 04:01:17 PM »
I've been looking at these scopes to put on my new 25-06 and 7mag. They seem like nice scopes in the store, but there is only so much you can tell indoors w/ lots of light. I'm looking at the 4.5-14x44 models. They seem like quite a bit of glass for $279. Any experiences with these scopes would be appreciated. Thanks, Brett
100% Public land DIY

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Cabela's Alaskan Guide scopes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 02:49:35 AM »
I never had one.  I tend to stick to "name brands", as I think most people do.  However, I recall this discussion coming up a few months ago and I believe I recall that a couple of posters had actually worked for Cabela's and gave us more information on these scopes and the success Cabela's has had with them.  In short, according to the poster(s), Cabela's chose the manufacturer very carefully, the quality is way better than the price would indicate, and the return rate is very low.  Something like that.  You might be able to look back in these posts a few months ago and find it.  Anyway, one of the posters who had worked at Cabela's sure convinced me that these are very good scopes for the money.  I haven't been in the market for anything comparable lately, but I have kept them in mind as an option.  One thing I will say for Cabela's is they treat you right if you don't like your purchase, so I think the risk is well covered.  I believe if you don't find it up to your expectations, the'll take it back for a full refund.  You won't find that everywhere.
I'd try one.   
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline kudzu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • (Dancoman)
Re: Cabela's Alaskan Guide scopes
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 09:06:32 AM »
I have a 6.5x20x50 with 30mm tube. I think at the time it was around 359.00. Have had for about 4 years shooting it on a 7 ultra mag. Very clear and bright. No issuses at all. IMHO the Alasken Guide and Bushnell 3200 & 4200 scopes are some of the best "bang 4 ya buck" scopes.