Author Topic: A Tracker II Buck  (Read 712 times)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
A Tracker II Buck
« on: February 12, 2007, 12:12:42 PM »

Taken in the 2005 season by my son, 7 points 186#s dressed, taken with 20 ga. Tracker II w 1-3x20mm Weaver scope and Remington Premier Ultra Cor-Lokt Sabot

Just trying to post a pic to get the hang of it.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
Re: A Tracker II Buck
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 02:12:40 PM »
That's a real nice buck!! Did the 20 gauge put him right down?? I've been thinking about getting one in 12 gauge but maybe the 20 is all I'd need.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 04:19:26 PM »
Yuup, pretty much a bang-flop from where he hit him. 20 ga. is plenty enough gun with those 1900 and 2000 fps sabots. That and the fact the 20 ga. tracker is easy to drill and tap. The recoil is somewhat stout with the 20 ga. and I can only imagine what the 12 ga. dishes out.

Offline db22

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 12:58:09 AM »
Nice buck!! Speaking of 'buck", I tried a few 2.75" Remington Sluggers through my Pardner last year . . . you are right -- there is a reason that NEF makes the 12-gauge Ultra on a 10-gauge frame, with a barrel that looks like an artillery piece. If you don't have a flinching problem now, just try a few slugs in a light shotgun -- you'll have one pronto!
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 10:33:01 AM »
Nice buck!! Speaking of 'buck", I tried a few 2.75" Remington Sluggers through my Pardner last year . . . you are right -- there is a reason that NEF makes the 12-gauge Ultra on a 10-gauge frame, with a barrel that looks like an artillery piece. If you don't have a flinching problem now, just try a few slugs in a light shotgun -- you'll have one pronto!

We have a 12 ga. barrel here that is like new, that nobody wants to shoot because of the recoil. We also have a 20 ga. Been thinking of offering them as a package deal and getting a 28 for the wife to shoot in the shorter version.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 03:23:33 PM »
Nice buck your son took there Carbineman...Just goes to show you that a 20 is more than adequate for whitetail...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 04:47:43 PM »
Before I settled on the 20 I used a 12 ga. USH and really didn't like the extra heft it had. Sold the USH when I got the little woman a 20 Tracker the stage was set for others to come. Now we are all using scoped Tracker II's.