Author Topic: shepeard scope  (Read 564 times)

Offline just learning

• Trade Count: (0)
shepeard scope
« on: May 09, 2003, 01:53:06 AM »
has any one used a scope called the shepard scope, ?? made from a company in  nebraska. :?
get out and vote for freedom/constitution

Offline jhm

shepeard scope
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 03:21:59 AM »
Just learning:  Not personally but have seen a few show up on ebay lately dont know if they were all from a dealer or a individual, but all of a sudden they are for sale there. :D   JIM

Offline Zachary

shepeard scope
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 06:46:14 AM »
just learning,

Despite reading Shepard's ads in the gun magazines (which make them look really good), I have heard negative things about them from many people.  At best, all I have heard is just "ok" things about them.

There are so many other good scopes out there.  I would recommend concentrating on them.

Zachary

Offline hylander

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Yes !!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 02:44:47 PM »
:D I have a Shepard on my Rem. 700 VLS HB in .308
In a word "Awsome". also a freind has one on his Ruger HB.
In my opinion there is no finer range finding retical, instant target acqiusition. The optic's are clear and bright.  Leupold optic's are a bit better, but not that much.
They are life-time Warrentied.
I believe the only people that do not have kind word's for them are the people that did not take the time to read the "Instructions" and probly did not order the correct model for there caliber and load they intend to shoot.
Most people see the ad and think the thing zero's Itself, Be Realistic.
also it is the only scope I know of that stay's zeroed at all power's.
Click's are very precise.
One Flaw (No Target Turret's).
Failure is not an option
Placer County, Calif.

Offline Zachary

Re: Yes !!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 12:09:05 PM »
Quote from: hylander

I believe the only people that do not have kind word's for them are the people that did not take the time to read the "Instructions" and probly did not order the correct model for there caliber and load they intend to shoot.
quote]

Actually, most of the complaints that I have heard revolved around the inaccurate ballistic calibration.  As such, you may be right hylander.

Zachary