Author Topic: Tulsa  (Read 443 times)

Offline coldmold

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Tulsa
« on: March 06, 2007, 08:09:36 AM »
ny of you other handiholics going to be at the tulsa ams show. My  oldest son and I are driving down from Ne. the fri before the show.  Hope to see some of you there. I will be wearing a blue ball cap with VFW on the front.  coldmold

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
Re: Tulsa
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 08:28:18 AM »
I doubt I will be going. The last three gunshows I went to were overpriced. Most handis are higher used than you can buy new. :'(
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline S.S.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 10:25:53 AM »
The last few I have been to in Georgia looked like Flea markets instead of gun shows...
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 10:34:28 AM »
Wanenmachers (sp) is usually pretty good about keeping the flea market junk out.

Here's some quotes from their website:
You WON'T see lots of non-gun related stuff or flea market garbage. Not that they don't want to come, We won't let them. Our show could be 5 times bigger than it is if we let in all the exhibitors who really don't belong in a gun show. We try to limit non-related items to just 2% of the entire show.

If all our tables (2800 8ft. and 1200 6ft.) were placed end to end they would stretch 5.6 miles!

If you spend the whole 18 hours we are open to the public and divide that by 4,000 tables, You will have 16.2 seconds to look at each table.

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/frames.html

...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 12:38:45 PM »
There is ALWAYS a chanch of running into me at that gunshow, I have several friends (dealers) who I only see at this show, I will be the one looking at the guns (prices) and shaking my head back and forth not believing what I just saw, Most of the prices are a mere suggestion and if you are serious about the item most dealers are willing to move on the prices on Sunday, there is 3 of us that go over for the show from Ar.  Hope to see you there,  JIM