Author Topic: New cabella scope  (Read 759 times)

Offline Stimey

• Trade Count: (0)
New cabella scope
« on: February 27, 2007, 10:40:23 AM »
I was looking at the new cabella's magazine, and they have a Centerfire tactical scope, with intercahangable turrets for different bullet drop etc.  Does anyone know who is making this scope for Cabella's?  I am thinking of putting it on a Bushmaster .223, what do you all think?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: New cabella scope
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 10:50:16 AM »
Lanole at PM doesn't think much of them. Cabelas won't tell anyone who makes their scopes, they might tell you where they're made tho.

Tim

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=52510606&an=0&page=3#52510606
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MOGLEY

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »
I just recieved mine yesterday and sighted her in this afternoon. I put it on my 222 (cz 527) and it zeroed great. I do not have a long range behind my house so I sighted it in a 40 yds which should be a 200 yd zero and installed the turret accordingly. Still have to test the distances. Turrets are a lot bigger than normal.
Stupid Hurts

Offline MOGLEY

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 12:54:18 AM »
update on the scope. I have shot around 50 rounds thru it. 100yd and 200 yds. Cannot say this is the all to end all of scopes. Clarity at 200 yards is eh. I am having left and right issue between the 2 distances. I am trying to shoot a bunch more to clarify what is load problem and scope problem. I have not yet shot beyond 200 or got it to be dependable between 100 and 200 yds as far as left and right let alone up and down. No real positive recommendation yet. I just ordered a different scope for my 17hmr as well and it was not the cabelas 17 turret scope if that is any indication. I read all kinds of reviews on all different scopes and believe it or not the one scope for the 17 that had all very positive feedback was a tasco!! It is not a bullet compensator scope though.
I can offer this developing truth of mine. It really discourages and defeats any amount of confidence and enjoyment of shooting if you cannot trust your your gun or optics. Everything is in doubt while you are shooting including your abilities if your not hitting where you think you should. Buying good optics is more important than I previously believed. Having said that, I have not had a salary increase to support my habit but I will be buying the very best I can afford and leave the sub 100.00 scopes alone. (cabelas scope was even more than that at $150.00)
Stupid Hurts