Author Topic: CVA in Canada, Maybe?  (Read 796 times)

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
CVA in Canada, Maybe?
« on: March 14, 2007, 06:31:19 AM »
Got an e-mail from Mark today saying they are working on it.
Quote.
Well.....We have plans to do so but are still running into glitches with your Customs.  I'm not sure when this will all be straightened out.

We are aware of the process.  The problem is that our frames are serial numbered (US requirement) and the barrels are serial numbered (Spanish requirement) and the numbers do not match.  This is throwing the Canadian officials into a tizzy.  I'm confident this will all work out, I just don't know how soon.  Folks a lot more in tune with this issue than me are working on it.  Thanks again for the inquiry.

In Canada only frames and action are considered a firearm. Two different numbers on a rifle would stir things up.

Maybe I get to see one of these rifles, a big maybe?
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: CVC in Canada, Maybe?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 07:34:57 AM »

I hope so Fred...If only the frames are counted up there...and if Spain will allow the export of the barrels without a serial number...You might be able to have them there...It would be great...to walk into a Canadian CVA dealer and get all the different barrels they make without any hassle...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
Re: CVA in Canada, Maybe?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 08:36:06 AM »
I sure hope that they can get them in Canada,then maybe Fred can give them a good testing and going over,we're to busy down here.Hey maybe Mark can sneak you one to give it a test,I'm sure he'll find out about any defects very fast. ;D ;D ;D ;D Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 08:38:16 AM »
Fred, I'd be glad to loan you mine when you come thru to AZ sometime, you can drop it off on the way home, maybe even get that SII Sightron!! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 01:40:07 PM »
Tim
As  a Canadian I am not even allowed to  fire a rifle or any gun in the US unless I have a permit from BTAF. Never mind packing one around. I be banned from the US forever.

Mac.
It would be nice just to drive to Great Falls buy one and take it home. As you know we are the harborers of terrorist and considered bad boys.

Digger.
An accurate CVC 223 would really turn me on, and if there is any substance in the bore it should be a fine gogher gun. Anything more than a 1/2" I would not consider adequate for a gopher gun.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 03:52:35 PM »
Fred, I hope it works out.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 03:50:38 AM »

Well...You guys deserve some kind of break...I know there has to be at least a few reasonable people up there in office....At least I hope so...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 11:26:37 AM »
Mac
Yes we do have some good guys in Ottawa now, but the gov.offices are still staffed with the old burocrates, which have been there for a century.

That compact 209 in 223 with a 24" barrel CR6400 with the short stock would make a nice stalker in 257 Roberts or 7x57. At 6lbs with a scope about 7-1/2 would be a perfect deer rifle. For me the 223 would make a nice addition.

Alas I wont be holding my breath ;D ???

Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.