Author Topic: it's great to have this forum!!!  (Read 1124 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
it's great to have this forum!!!
« on: March 25, 2007, 06:45:30 AM »
Hi guys, it's great to have this forum, what I see as a possible benefit in the future is the possibility of a tool or work swap section or just a posting of offers to exchange different types of work each of us may have developed an expertise in. For myself I have reconfigured quite a few H&R Handi Rifle pistol grip stocks into the straight grip english style and removed the Monte Carlo for the same stocks to make them straight stocks to better use iron sights..There are some other things I have been able to do but perhaps you get the idea, I might redo a stock for you and you would do something for me with your tools that is I have no expeirence with and you may, sich as planing and milling out a barrel hannel in some exotic wood as Dale has recently done for me, I do not have a planer not a router table but Dale does, the barter system, either with work, tools, a bit of cash for shipping or whatever, perhaps a portion of the cost of a new toll, bit, or blade to do the job or some combination of those....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: it's great to have this forum!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 07:16:01 AM »
I think this fourm can and will be a good thing for GBO. As MSP RET said I recently milled some Rosewood for him so he could make new forends for his Handi Rifles. I ran them through my Dewalt planer then routed a channel down the center to receive the barrel. I had to buy a new bit to do the routing and Andy paid half the cost for the new bit. I would like to see a place here where we can buy sell and trade tools. Lets see how this fourm goes and maybe at a later date we can get 12 votes to open a classified section of this fourm. Don't for get to tell your friends to check out this new fourm and thanks to everyone who visits.
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!