Author Topic: When did Knight through their hat into the ring?  (Read 664 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
When did Knight through their hat into the ring?
« on: March 21, 2007, 01:46:46 AM »
Saw an add in this months American Rifleman for a new swap barrel, single shot called the "KP1" by knight.  With all the new interest by manufacturers in single shot platforms it looks like H&R/NEF has it's work cut out for them if they want to stay in the hunt. 

http://www.knightrifles.com/PressRoom/Releases/Knight-Rifles-KP1.htm
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: When did Knight through their hat into the ring?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 02:27:30 AM »
I just got my American Rifleman in the mail yesterday and was kinda surprised to see the ad.  Looks interesting to me.  I like Green Mountain barrels - assuming they will use them.  I have Encores, a TCR, Contenders, and Handis, but what the heck - wouldn't mind trying something new if it sounds good.  Firearms ownership seems to be more politically tenuous every day, yet I think these are good days for new products.  New things in guns, optics, ammo, reloading, and accessories coming out all the time.  I like the competition.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline Brett

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 01:45:06 AM »
I have to agree Cement Man.  All this competition will just force the manufacturers to continue to develop new and better products and to keep prices in check.   I hate to even imagine what our beloved Handies would cost if they were the only break open, single shots on the market. 

The KP1 is a nice looking gun based on the print ad and web site photo's. I would really like to handle one to see how it looks up close and how it handles.  And your right, Green Mountain makes good barrels, I would assume that is who is making their rifle barrels for them since GM's logo appears with the gun in the print ad. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 03:57:45 AM »
Look's like they have a hanger bar on the bottom of the barrel. This should solve the bedding issues that TC & especially the Handi has. I believe that this is a good time to get into this market. NEF for example, has a big share of the market, but they DO NOT listen to the concerns of some of their most loyal (for now) customers. If that doesn't change & soon, those demands will be met by Knight, CVA or someone else.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.