Author Topic: Welfare Solution!!  (Read 447 times)

Offline panhandle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • panhandlepr@vierizion.net
Welfare Solution!!
« on: March 18, 2007, 12:00:36 PM »
This is a "Letter to the Editor" that appeared in the Sunday paper here in Post Falls, Idaho. I thought it was a great idea and of course there will be those who won't agree, but read it and see what you think.

Welfare: "Drug tests before checks are sent".
  About six years ago, my girl-friend told me of an idea that she had for quite some time, I thought to myself, wow, what a great idea! And then like so many flashes of brilliance, we talk to each other, and to our friends, co-workers and family about it, everyone we talk to thinks it's a great idea.
  But, now it's time to quite talking about amongst ourselves, and throw it out for everone to chew on. Drug testing, before welfare checks.
New before I go any further, let me say, this is not an attack on the welfare system, I have no problem giving help and support to those with legitimate needs.
  However, if you or I want to obtain a decent job (which generates taxes that in turn fund such programs) we will more than likely have to submit to drug testing, and agree to random testing. What's wrong with this picture?
Did you know that food stamps are worth fifty cents on the dollar in the drug community? Think about that next you are scraping up change to buy lunch to get yourself through the day.
  And maybe it would be a good idea to make sure the children, for whom the benefits are intended to help, actually live in the home. In some cases, children stay with other family members, while the parent continues to collect the monthly checks. My girl-friend personally knew of a case, where a parent was collecting benefits, that were intended for her five children, all of whom lived with other family members, because the mother was an addict/alcoholic.
  Now I know this idea will have it's critics, and I may even anger a lot of people, in fact I hope you are angry! Maybe if we create a loud enough buzz, we can start the wheels in motion, that will effect changes in the sytem, which will benefit those who are using these resources the way they are intended, to provide safe homes, and nutritious meals for their children and themselves.
Here is the bottom line, as I see it. The welfare system should be used to empower, not enable.

PAT MCCLENAHAN AND
LAURIE THOMAS
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

If you like this idea, please send to everyone you can!!!

Offline rockbilly

Re: Welfare Solution!!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 05:10:03 AM »
I could support this, but we need to carry it a step further.  Single women with children should be made to identify the father(s), and they should also be required to contribute to the support of the children.  Anytime he misses payment, lock his butt up and let him work for the state for a period of time.  I think, after a while, they would keep their pants zipped up, and be on time with support checks when required.

In some cases welfare is a "family affair."  I know of a family where four generations of women have each had several children, mostly by different fathers, and none have ever been marrired.  The great grandmother had eleven children, drew welfare, her five daughters each had several children, nevery married, drew welfare, therir daughters had several children, never married, drew welfare, and now those children are having children, never married, and drawing welfare.  I am sure the sons born into this group are responsible for fathering many children, never paided any child support, and are likely drawing some form of welfare.

It is a never ending cycle..........................

Offline powderman

Re: Welfare Solution!!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 07:10:25 AM »
I used to work in an apartment complex, mostly section 8 single moms and kids. Some were  needy, some were greedy. Lots of drugs and alcohol. One woman with 2 kids got a job at $6 per hour. She notified welfare right before she started work. IMMEDIATELY she lost her food stamps, welfare check, section 8, and medical cards for herself and 2 kids. She was so proud of herself for going back to school to get her diploma and finding a job. She didn't last long, about a month before she was destitute and back on the welfare role. At least she tried to better herself. She was a non drinker, non smoker, and a real Christian lady. There were other decent folks there, but also a lot of drunks and druggies too. Yep, drug tests should be required for a check. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm