Author Topic: shooting supplies ..Thumbs up for Natchez  (Read 645 times)

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
shooting supplies ..Thumbs up for Natchez
« on: March 13, 2007, 06:33:07 AM »
Who do you buy your reloading supplies from?
I used to buy 98% local but the shop closed. I do buy from Midway and several others like Gander Mtn and Cabelas.
Today I placed an order from Natchez    http://www.natchezss.com/   The Customer Service guy went over and beyond for me!
Guess where I look now when I need something

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: shooting supplies ..Thumbs up for Natchez
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 10:20:22 AM »
I've bought stuff from them before.  They are great to deal with and offer very competitive prices!

Offline S.S.

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 03:40:42 AM »
Do they ship to all of the lower 48 now?
If not,  "THUMBS DOWN" still
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 04:39:46 AM »
I've never had any problems with them being able to ship things to Indiana.  Some items aren't legal in all states so they can't be shipped there.

Offline 35Rem

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
    • Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 05:07:27 AM »
As of my last check, they don't ship to the Southeast.  That's what S. Sumner is refering to.  Kind of a pain...
Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/
Vintage Semiauto Rifles
http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards105.com/index.cgi

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 05:08:40 AM »
I was not aware of that.  That's be a big thumbs down to me if I was in that area!

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 06:51:07 AM »
Natchez will not ship to Tennessee.  The reason is that if they did Tennessee would make them charge Tennessee sales taxes.  That would make the cost go up beyond the cost at local retailers and that would not be fair to the consumer.  Plus Natches would then have to get a person to do nothing but taxes just for the Tennessee customers.  Better to just not deliver to Tennessee.  Don't blame Natchez, blame Tennessee.  My wife tried to have have my Christmas present delivered to my Dad's house in Tennessee, that's when we found out about the restriction.  I still order things from them and the service is outstanding.   
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 07:52:40 AM »
I've been buying from them for a long time (20-25 years) and generally have had very good to excellent experience.  At times, they have some fantastic bargains in optics.  Recently they shipped me the wrong item by mistake and they were excellent in the way they handled the problem.  I understand that they won't ship to some of their neighboring states. I think GB has mentioned that they won't ship to Alabama either.  I don't understand why, with computers and all, that is such an insurmountable problem to address.  I can imagine it is very frustrating for people who want to buy from them and can't.
One issue that does annoy me though is high shipping charges, or as stated - "shippng & handling" charges.  Sometimes that is a little too steep, and of course that is also a profit center. 
In general, for ammo and loading supplies, I like Grafs the best, although I do buy from many outfits because I watch for sales.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline 35Rem

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
    • Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 08:22:30 AM »
Sourdough, they also don't deliver to Alabama and GA.

They say they don't want to compete with the dealers they supply?

Don;t want my money?  No problem!!
Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/
Vintage Semiauto Rifles
http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards105.com/index.cgi

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 06:02:20 AM »
  I'm gotten a few orders from Natchez this year.  Always have good prices and quick shipping.  Maybe not as fast as Midway but if I need it faster, I'll buy locally.   Will have another order ready for them in April proberly.
"Never Surrender, Just Carry On."  - G.S.