Author Topic: Happy St Paddies Day  (Read 318 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Happy St Paddies Day
« on: March 16, 2007, 08:04:14 PM »
To all you Irish folks out there (Myself included  ) and to all that wish they were  Happy St. Patricks Day! 
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Happy St Paddies Day
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 02:55:31 AM »
I've got an eight pack of guiness in the fridge waiting for dinner.( corned beef and cabbage of course.)
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 07:44:18 AM »
Yea I made my corned beef this year easy to make and I corned some Venison at the same time. I like both. No guiness but I suppose I can find some beverage here that will suffice. LOL  ;D

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 08:31:19 AM »

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat.
Go raibh an chóir ghaoithe i gcónaí leat.
Go dtaitní an ghrian go bog bláth ar do chlár éadain,
go gcuire an bháisteach go bog mín ar do ghoirt.
Agus go gcasfar le chéile sinn arís,
go gcoinní Dia i mbosa a láimhe thú.

Offline Will Bison

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 12:14:08 PM »
Yea and at about 2300 hrs last night we sent the on duty deputy on some wild goose chase. He said "how about I go get a pizza and some coffee and don't look out the window". We even bought the pizza. Then we painted the ugly yellow centerlines green. The green centerlines are not really lines in the normal sense but rather compound curves. You expected a bunch of drunk Irish to get it right the first time???????

Then we had the parade which starts at exactly Noon. We missed our start time by only an hour or so but it sure builds the crowds. We blamed it on the Federal Government. What the heck, Ray Nagin got away with it.

Then we cook up a bunch of Mountain Oysters at various locations. We order these in advance from New Zealand. We call it the "Testicle Festival". Then we get to the Corned Beef, cabbage, 'taters and carrots. Oh, and green beer.

By the time all this is over and done we call the Dept of Transportation to clean up the mess. After all, we have all been drinking green beer for the past 36 hours. We could fall and suffer injury, get hit by a moving vehicle, we can't drive because of the stupid DUI laws so it's up to the Government to get me home. I hauled a bunch of stuff to town in my pickup but now it's parked in the middle of a State highway. I Expect a Deputy to get me and my truck home. I was an organizer, I did my part for the community. Now it's time for the Government to step in and take up the slack.

Some of this is true and some is satire. I'll let you sort it out.