Author Topic: Imus gets the axe from MSNBC  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
Imus gets the axe from MSNBC
« on: April 11, 2007, 04:03:37 PM »
It looks like Imus is a done deal on NBC

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/11/imus.rutgers/index.html

Skunk
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Dee

Re: Imus gets the axe from MSNBC
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 04:17:12 PM »
Good riddance he's an idiot anyway.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Skunk

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 04:19:36 PM »
Yeah, but Dee, now I'll have to eat my words from my post on the other Imus thread.  ;D

Skunk
Mike

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 04:24:19 PM »
I didn't see it what did you say?

Offline Skunk

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 04:35:51 PM »
Well Dee, I guess I wasn't out of line too much: I predicted that before Imus's 2 week vacation was over that people would be groaning to have him back and that the entire event might have been done for publicity and ratings. Now there is not going to be a show for him to come back to, lol.

I hadn't figured on the network canning his awful butt though.  ;D

Skunk
Mike

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 05:04:49 PM »
Do you want fries with that crow?

Offline Dusty Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 05:12:34 PM »
Its a real heart break'n situation!! ;D :D ;D :D
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Skunk

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »
Dee, yes I want fries with the crow and cheese with my whine.  ;D

Skunk
Mike

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 12:49:22 AM »
Ya know, that guy has been makin fun of people in a mean spirited way for years, and it went out on national TV. Liberals flocked to be on (politicians included) his show. Where are THEY now?

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 04:16:58 AM »
Yeah, MSNBC ditches Imus, but they keep that ridiculous idiot, screwball Chris Mathews on.  How dumb is that?  And what about that other silly prick that follows Screwball?
Swingem

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 06:41:58 AM »
Y'all must watch a lot more TV than I do.  I've never seen Imus nor any of the other folks you name.  There are enough jerks in real life to deal with without seeking them out on TV.   ::)

I do agree that if it had been some rap "singer" or a black guest on Oprah, it would have gotten quite a laugh.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 10:59:43 AM »
Seems to me this is a one-sided issue.  I have heard a lot worse from some of the rap groups.  Some of the areas they get into make my blood boil.  But this is black commenting about white, so there is no problem with this according to Al and Jessie.............

Offline jdt48653

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
  • walk softly and carry a 264
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 12:12:14 PM »
AL,AND JESSIE ARE WORSE THEN IMUS,BUT YOU CAN`T FIRE PEOPLE WHO DON`T WORK!!

Offline Skunk

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 12:50:20 PM »
I agree with jdt and rockbilly.

Sharpton is coming off as a greedy, simple-minded, trouble maker in my opinion. He wasn't just satisfied with helping get rid of dumb old Imus from NBC, now he is working on CBS to dump Imus off their radio programming. ::)

I wish big Al would just shut the hell up and move on. I'm getting real sick of him.

I'm not even a big fan of Imus, I'm just tired of hearing Al Sharpton relentlessly blab on and on about how bad Imus is, and run this issue into the ground. Get over it Al, you are obsessed and an idiot -  just my opinion.

Skunk
Mike

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 01:56:36 PM »
Skunk your late again. They pulled his radio program, and fired him. He was syndicated on 60 radio stations. Now he's done 4. Now some white guy should go after the rappers, crappers, what ever they are.

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 02:52:23 PM »
The rap lyrics make Imus look like a piker.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Dee

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 04:01:16 PM »
What's a piker? ???

Offline powderman

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 04:37:08 PM »
Imus is a punk, good riddance. I have no use for him,or any other so called shock jock. There should be a law against being paid to be rude, crude, and disrespectful. No wonder the dumcraps love him. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Hooker

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 05:44:58 PM »
This ticks me off not that he's gone but, at least Imus apologized,  Sharpton and Jackson need to apologize then given the boot.
They can start by apologizing for using clean air that decent folks could be using.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 04:08:07 AM »
The network had too dump him unless they wanted to foot the bills without income as all sponsors had jumped ship.
Let's look at this issue of double standards:
I can call my wife a Ho--but I won't allow you too.
That is a little strong but you get the idea. We can bad mouth the USA but the French can't without some feedback.
Double standards exist.
What Imus did was get personal towards girls that had no way of defending the remarks. Tattoos are not just a racial thing--my sister has one though God knows I don't want too see it.
Hummmm---Jackson and Sharpy are what they are and those types ply their trade on their own race/culture/creed/folks and if they are not sharp enough too understand we certainly are not going to enlighten them---maybe polarize them.
Only you can let them get too you and then they have won.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline magooch

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 04:37:33 AM »
Oh yeah, Sharpton says he's goin after rappers next.  Just hold your breath till that happens.  Al might have a few screws out of place, but when he gets the word from the rappers to lay off, ole fuzzy head will find something else to do, or he will be worm food.
Swingem

Offline Dee

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 07:23:23 AM »
Though I am not an Imus fan, and his remark was in very bad taste, the more I think about it the less I agree with the results. The white race is verbally abused constantly over the media by everyone of every color and nothing is ever said or done. Imus is being crucified because he is white, and for no other reason. Breaking it down all the way, that is the truth. If Opra, Jackson, or sharpton had said it, nothing would have happened. It is about color. Imus's color.

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 08:20:42 AM »
What a bunch of crap. I know of a number of talk show hosts that could get away with saying that; none of them are white!
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 01:27:15 PM »
Nobody should say those things about anybody.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Hooker

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 02:12:47 PM »
The whole thing reeks and all sides have shown a lack of character.
Imus should have never said those things.
The girls should have shown they were better than to let ignorance get to them.
When Imus apologized the girls should have accepted it and should have been done.
Rutgers should have made a nice little statement not the dog and pony show they put on.
The press should have shown some class and stayed out of it instead of promoting it.
The politicians shouldn't have used it for political lip flapping
The two hate brokers Jackson and Sharpton should have been told by all to shutup.

Pat

" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 02:14:18 PM »
Good riddance I won't miss the liberal scumbag. The race industry just whacked one of thier allies. THe little bit I have heard from him made me wonder how he had sponsors anyway. He stunk and was boring.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 05:45:41 AM »
Couldn't connect with the link TM.
I watched Imus and enjoyed the format because he seemed too not harbor any opinion for personal gain--though I didn't always agree with his conclusions.
I don't judge opinions as bad just because I don't agree with them. I disagree on/in principle without, hopefully, without judging the person.
Now Sharpy and Jackson don't fit into my way of thinking and I think they do more harm than good in this relationship thing---but I also understand that they do it for the money not for any benefit  other than theirs. What I don't understand is why this is not recognized.
This race thing has become a power struggle not a struggle for unity--and it is not all about blacks, the Mexicans are in the mix also.
While there are some whites who relish this/these conflicts most have put these issues behind them for the better part of a lifetime.
What I am particularly concerned about and don't understand is why it is kept being dragged up---these issues take care of themselves over time--not over night.
Soap box is clear.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Skunk

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 10:06:58 AM »
William,

Here is a copy and paste of the article referenced above in case you still can't connect. But keep in mind, the source is Pravda out of Russia.

Skunk

**************************************************************************************************
In a clear sign of its intent to reign in dissident American media personalities, and their growing influence in American culture, US War Leaders this past week launched an unprecedented attack upon one of their most politically 'connected', and legendary, radio hosts named Don Imus after his threats to release information relating to the September 11, 2001 attacks upon that country.

According to European reports of the events surrounding Don Imus that have gripped the United States this past week, it was during an interview with another American media personality, Tim Russert, who is the host of a television programme frequently used by US War Leaders, wherein while decrying the state of care being given to American War wounded stated, "So those bastards want to keep these boys [in reference to US Soldiers] secret? Let's see how they like it if I start talking about their [in reference to US War Leaders] secrets, starting with 9/11."

Unable to attack such a powerful media figure as Don Imus, directly, the US War Leaders, and as we have seen many times before, resorted to a massive media attack against him using as the reason a racial slur against a US woman's basketball team, but which has been pointed out by other media outlets was not by any means a rare occurrence for the legendary radio icon to make.

But, to the US War Leaders, Don Imus represented the most serious threat, to date, of the growing assault against them by America's media personalities threatening to expose the truths behind the events of September 11, 2001 and the Iraq/Afghanistan Wars; and to such an extent that another American media personality, Rosie O'Donnell, has expressed concern that US Military Leaders could actually imprison Mr. Imus.

From our past research of the tactics used against those threatening America's War Leaders, the likelihood of imprisonment for Don Imus would only occur should he persist in his threats to undermine their authority, and which appears, at this time, unlikely after the public disgrace he has had to endure.

It is expected, also, that the US War Leaders actions against Don Imus will have a further chilling affect upon other American media personalities questioning their authority, such as the popular US movie actor, Charlie Sheen, and who was one of the first to question the events of September 11, 2001, and as we can read as reported by New Zealand Herald News Service in their article titled "Charlie Sheen may voice 9/11 documentary", and which says:

"US actor Charlie Sheen is reportedly in talks to narrate an internet documentary that suggests elements of the US government were behind the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Centre.

Sheen's representatives say he was involved in the production of a new version of Loose Change, a 90-minute conspiracy theory film that has been seen by more than 10 million internet viewers."

Apparently lost upon America's media personalities is that a government being investigated by the International Red Cross for the torture of an Iranian Diplomat by whipping with steel cables on his feet; a government that would have its soldiers imprison in an Ethiopian torture jail a Swedish teenage girl; a government that would even contemplate the release of one of the World's most wanted terrorists, Posada Carriles; does not hesitate, for even a second, to crush any, and all, opposition to it.
To the American people themselves their remains no evidence that they know, much less care, about the dire state of their once Free Nation.

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Mike

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 10:10:37 PM »
I am unaware of Charlie Sheen and this 9/11 business---I assume this was thrown in too the commentary as a smoke screen,
The rest of the blog has some grains of truth and thought.
The leadership of the party in question has roots which tie it to some questions of being self-serving and paranoid about its ownself---not to mention mean spirited.
Not to say, also, that this type of thing has not occurred in the past--on both sides of the fence. I can still recall the McCarthy debacle.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD