Author Topic: Charges Dismissed  (Read 461 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Charges Dismissed
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:14:44 AM »
My son had his arraignment this morning.  His attorney pointed out that since their was no one else involved, that the charges of leaving the scene, and not reporting an accident, did not apply to this case.  He gave a copy of the state stattue to the judge and to the prosecuting attorney.  The Prosecutor spent 10 minutes trying to justify why the charges were valid.  The Judge finally said she was reading a lot into the statute that was not there.  The Judge then asked "Who was he supposed to report the accident to, himself?"  All the people in the court room laughed.  The Judge then said "Since the prosecution is not willing to drop the charges, I'm dismissing them.  They are not valid.  Case Dismissed!"

The Attorney did not bring up any of the other issues, such as the lady falsely reporting that her private property was damaged, (fence belongs to the City Of North Pole).  That the fence had already been hit and damaged by someone else.  That the Officer exaggerated damage (fasley reported non-existant damage)  to the truck. 

For the next six weeks, till he leaves North Pole, and Alaska, he is going to drive my old Samuri.  I am now driving his bright yellow monster truck. 

Next:  To have a discussion with the Police Chief and Mayor of North Pole. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: Charges Dismissed
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 11:19:21 AM »
Thats good to hear , sometimes the little guy does win , now for the look on the cops face when he relizes that its you in the truck and not some kid that he can pick on .  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline 35Rem

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
    • Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 11:26:48 AM »
Good for you guys.  Glad it worked out.

BUT...Do make sure to follow up with the Police officer thing.  Too often folks will quit after a positive outcome to make sure the AH's don't get theirs.  Don't let that Cop do that to other's kids. >:(

Good luck
Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/
Vintage Semiauto Rifles
http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards105.com/index.cgi

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 05:50:08 AM »
Great news.....that's kind of what I thought would happen.....to bad you had to hire an attorney, but money well spent I'm sure.

Around here, the DA is elected.   Given a better choice, I'd probably try to get my friends aware of what happened and work towards ousting him (or her) in the next election.

Seems the DA just cost you some money......I'd try to make sure no one else got caught up in a similar revenue enhancement program.

By the way, how many people live in North Pole?
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 05:55:52 AM »
Happy to hear it Sourdough.

Skunk
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser