Author Topic: Any turkey reports yet?  (Read 634 times)

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Any turkey reports yet?
« on: April 24, 2007, 05:43:56 PM »
How is the turkey season doing for you guys?  Any birds to brag on yet?
My hunting buddy took his boy about 11 yrs. old out last weekend and he killed the boss gobbler on the property a 22# bird, and the picture of his grin was worth everything!

I screwed up on an easy shot at a jake Monday...my movement of the barrel caught his sharp eyes. Better luck this weekend hopefully.  Actually my wife is hunting for the first time Sat. so I hope she gets the gobbler.

good luck to everyone and hunt safe.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
Re: Any turkey reports yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:25:22 PM »
Shot  My first big tom Monday morning. He was 21lb 9oz   11 1/2" Beard  1 3/8" spurs .    Called Five Jake's in Tuesday Morning None big enough to shoot, for my likes...    Went out this Morning and never saw or heard a bird. I think the storms last night might have something to do with that.  How about every body else??
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 04:54:26 AM »
Nice going SK post a picture of that big bird.

Went out this AM with my wife, first time hunter. Weather was miserable and we didn't last too long.  Only saw one hen, never heard a gobble. By a little after 9am. she was done. But this is the same place I saw the jakes on opening day.  I am blaming it on the rain today!  Better luck for us next time.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 10:04:11 AM »
Jal5, wish I could post a pic but I don't have a scanner..   Birds are getting real shy around here.  Heard One gobble this morning about two miles away and on private property.  Just my luck...    Maybe next week end I'll get the second big one.   good luck to all!
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 07:51:36 AM »
Birds are really quiet around here too.  Went out 3x now and only heard any excited gobbling the opening day from jakes.  today was out all morning and scared a hen walking into spot #3, then heard a faint gobble as I was setting up and the box call barely squeeked out a sound...go figure. Nothing after that and nothing at the two other setups either.

Joe