Author Topic: Bushnell Quest Rangefinding Binoculars...and other brands too...  (Read 282 times)

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
Anyone tried the rangefinding binocs by Bushnell, Leupold, etc?  How do you like them compared to having two seperate units?  Positives and negatives?  Thanks in advance!

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Bushnell Quest Rangefinding Binoculars...and other brands too...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 06:22:44 PM »
I had a Quest. The range finder worked fine but the binocular portion was out of collimation right from the factory. I returned it for repair and it never was returned. I was told that it was at my POC's desk with my name on it but they didn't want them in the hands of writers until a decision had been made on what to do with the line. They are quite large physically and heavy as compared to the competition.

I never got mine back and never will as my POC left the company and her replacement refuses to return my phone calls or e-mails.

Shame really as I liked the concept and other than a factory defect when I got it I liked the product. I'd love to get mine back but it ain't gonna happen.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
Re: Bushnell Quest Rangefinding Binoculars...and other brands too...
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 08:03:44 AM »
That stinks!  Right now I've got a pair of 8x32 Legends and a Yardage Pro 800.  Sometimes I carry both, I usually use the 800 while scouting, then make notes and just take the binoc's while hunting.  Sometimes though, I move around a bit, and then I wish I'd brought the rangefinder.  I figured, if I have a set like the Quest, then I've got it covered.