Author Topic: H&R Customer Service  (Read 689 times)

Offline Icy Straits

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R Customer Service
« on: April 05, 2007, 12:15:07 PM »
I called H&R this morning to request a few new items on my barrel order. I talked to a woman named Mary and she was really great, even putting the phone down and running to the shop to ask questions for me. I was very impressed, so to reward them(and me) I ordered a .204 Ruger fluted bull to go with the other 4 barrels. The only hangup with my order may be the 45/70 barrel, she said the barrels are in production but not at their shop at this time. One thing she couldn't help with but maybe you guys can. I bought a .17HM2 Sporster for my grandson and it has a full 1" recoil pad on it. I am looking for a flat plastic butt pad to fit the stock to shorten up the LOP for him.

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Re: H&R Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 12:24:23 PM »
I am not sure if this will work but if there is some way we can accurately measure your recoil pad and the plastic butt plate on my pardner stock maybe we can swap since I am looking for a pad for mine. Not sure they are even close in size though. Maybe someone else here who knows will chime in.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 12:42:56 PM »
That probably won't work too well, each butt pad or plate is fitted to each stock on all the wood stocks, so they vary slightly in shape. Brownell's sells a plastic butt plate that can be shaped to the right contour of the synthetic stock, you'd then have to drill and counterbore the holes for mounting.

Tim

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=7032&title=BUTT+PLATE%2c+REQUIRES+FITTING
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 02:50:49 PM »
Thanks Tim I thought it would be a long shot. I suppose the small grind to fit pad by limbsaver would be my best option?
Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 04:18:23 PM »
Icy, don't toss that recoil pad...You know how quick these little guys turn into "bigger" little guys. ;D  You might just get 2 years out of that stock. ;)

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Icy Straits

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 03:04:57 AM »
Thanks guys.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 04:06:24 AM »
You could also pick up a youth stock for him , that would shorten it up about an inch and you would have the full for when he gets bigger .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped