Author Topic: HB760 meeting with State Rep  (Read 455 times)

Offline CJ

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
HB760 meeting with State Rep
« on: April 14, 2007, 04:25:22 AM »
Targetmaster is a Range in Chads Ford PA on RT 202 just North of Delaware.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT !!
Representative Stephen Barrar to Host Forum at Targetmaster on Firearm Registration Legislation, Saturday, April 21st @ 12 Noon.

Rep. Barrar will be hosting a coffee klatch at Targetmaster to discuss legislation that would call for the registration of all firearms in Pennsylvania.

House Bill 760 would require a $10 per-gun annual registration fee and would force gun owners to be annually fingerprinted and carry a photo registration card with their firearms at all times.

Other topics of discussion will be the increased rate of gun violence in the City of Philadelphia, proposed solutions to gun violence, and any other topics participants would like to talk about.  All are welcome.
targetmaster.com
NRA Lifer

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: HB760 meeting with State Rep
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 03:25:17 PM »
I'm an ex citizen of PA and thought the State had an Amendment or Clause that stated the residents could own firearms for hunting and civil defense.  If this is fact, ask the State Representative why and how he thinks it is legal to register these firearms under the penalties and restrictions of the bill.  If a man has weapons in his home, these may be used for civil defense as recognized by the States Constitution.  If he states they need registration for hunting, ask him why he doesn't stop pussy footing around and say he does not think the common citizen is responsible enough to own and use a firearm?  Is he afraid that the common citizen will use his firearm in violent revolt?  Is he afraid that the common citizen will use his firearm to prevent an aristocracy from ruling the masses?  Then just what is the reason for implementing this bill? 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: HB760 meeting with State Rep
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 03:54:04 PM »
As an afterthought, ask your Rep why is it that when firearms are not banned or limited, violent crime decreases over time?  These are facts.  Look up the results of the violent crime rates in Australia and the subsequent reaction of local governments when the firearms restrictions were in effect after a year.  Ask why is it Florida has a lower violent crime rate now than it did before Concealed Carry?  I capitalized Concealed Carry since I believe that is the impact.  Why is it that ciites with the most firearms restrictions have the higher crime rates, or won't he believe the statistics?
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.