Author Topic: Rem. 222 in Optima Elite centerfire Rifle  (Read 870 times)

Offline jwv

• Trade Count: (2)
Rem. 222 in Optima Elite centerfire Rifle
« on: April 07, 2007, 04:40:25 PM »
Recently while I was on the CVA  web page I noticed that they offered the Rem. 222 in their Optima Elite center fire rifle. Has anyone got one yet and if you have how well did it shoot? CVA is about the only one I know of who makes a single shot in that caliber. The item number is CR 4410 and it is for a blued barrel in 24". I would like to know if those type of barrels that are made in Spain are any good?  I am looking for a Rem. 222 that won't break the budget and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with those CVA Optima Elite center fire rifles?            Thanks , Jack
ObamaCare-----When injustice becomes law resistance becomes duty.     Thomas Jefferson

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Rem. 222 in Optima Elite centerfire Rifle
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 05:06:01 PM »
The 222 isn't available yet, it will be the end of the month along with .300 Winmag and the 45-70. Read some of the other posts in this forum, there are a few OE centerfires around. Mine's at BPI getting a free trigger job done right now.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 06:32:47 PM »

Yes...there are a few of us that have those Spanish barrels  ;) They are exceeding well made and are very good shooters...The 222 will be available soon...if all goes well...they will be available sometime this month.Take a look around here and you'll see what folks think about them...I got both my sons their own 243's...and I have one as well...along with a 50cal muzzle loader...and just placed my order for a new 308 barrel...which should be here in about a week...I also got to shoot one of the new 45-70 barrels...and it is simply awesome...one of the most accurate 45-70's I have ever shot...I think they are well worth the money and highly recommend them.

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline jwv

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 12:45:01 PM »
Thanks Tim and mac. I guess I'll be waiting when they come out. That guy I think his name is Ed Shillen is involved in the production of the barrels which I would think would be good considering  how well his reputation is. CVA did list a price of about $403.00  do you think that will be the actual price or will there be a lower price? Can they be purchased at Walmart? When I bought my Handi in Ruger 204 , I bought it at Walmart  and I paid $227.00 for it because  they said it was not listed in there book it comes  as a  special order. I thought that it would have been 216.00 but I did want the gun and I am really happy with it . It still is shooting 1/2" to 3/4" groups with factory ammo and some day when i get the dies and all the rest I'll be reloading it to. Just hard to argue with that kind of groups for something straight out of the box. ;D                   Jack
ObamaCare-----When injustice becomes law resistance becomes duty.     Thomas Jefferson

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 12:54:59 PM »
Blued barrels are about $152, SS $177 plus $9 shipping at RR.

Tim

http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?search=cva+optima+elite&submit.x=10&submit.y=6

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 01:25:15 PM »
Walmart told me they can order them,but they're $303 plus taxs. You can buy them cheaper on line at R and R or Buds gun shop. If you live in or near Ok. Gene Sears Supply keeps them in stock for $286.   Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline jwv

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 02:23:23 PM »
Ditchdigger what town is it that Gene Sears Supply is located in? Will those type of  barrels do they have to be sent in to be fitted?  Thanks         Jack   

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 02:30:41 PM »
Barrels fit just like an Encore, remove the forend, knock the hinge pin out, remove the barrel, reverse to install, no fitting needed. ;)

Tim

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 07:07:43 PM »

I believe this is it...

Gene Sears Supply Co
2003 S Shepard Ave
El Reno, OK 73036
800-522-3314   
405-262-2647
gsears@coxinet.net

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...