Author Topic: Bersa Thunder  (Read 930 times)

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • A Real Regular
Bersa Thunder
« on: April 04, 2007, 02:37:58 PM »
Does anyone here have a Bersa Thunder 380 pistol? I looked closely at one today at Gander Mountain and it looks to be a very well made pistol. I just wondered if any of you have any experience with one. Charlie

NRA Life Member, US Navy Veteran.

Oklahoma has 77 counties, Romney-77, Obama-0

I'll keep my Guns, my Freedom's and my Money.
You can keep the "Change"

Offline greenjeans

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Bersa Thunder
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 04:44:43 PM »
I have had one for about a year, maybe a little more. I had some ejection problems with the first box of American Eagle ammo I shot, but have had no problems since then and have shot some more AE. Mine is the Duotone version and the finish has held up well. The grip screws will work loose after a little while, so some blue Loc-Tite is in order. Mine really feels good in the hand, shoots extremely accurately and conceals easily. Take down is easy. The recoil spring is directional, tight end on first, and I have heard of problems if installed backwards. My LGS sells a lot of them. I would buy another without hesitation. I think the latest price here is around $240.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 12:40:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply. The one I looked at was the plain black finish, but still a very good looking gun. To be honest it looked and felt better than just about any pistol I have held. Thanks, Charlie
NRA Life Member, US Navy Veteran.

Oklahoma has 77 counties, Romney-77, Obama-0

I'll keep my Guns, my Freedom's and my Money.
You can keep the "Change"

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 05:15:57 AM »
Cbourbeau32.  For the difference in dollars, If I were looking in that class of firearm, I would take a close look at the Kel-Tec P9 over the Bersa.  It is light as a feather, 7 shot, 9mm, and can be bought new for as low as $300.00.  I haven't bought one YET, but am considering it as a replacement for the little Markov P64 that I carry on occasion.

Offline navylawdog

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »
cbourbeau32,

I have owned two of these little guns. My wife and I both had one. She still has hers but I no longer have mine. Both were the Duotone also. I absolutely love these little guns. They shoot very well and I have never had a problem with them. Except I bought an extended 10 shot magazine and it doesn't feed well so I would stick with the standard 7 shot magazines. My wife doesn't seem to have a problem handling it and she shoots well with it. I used to shoot tweety birds with it without much problem. In short I recommend this little gem. ;D

Navylawdog

Go Navy!

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 10:12:37 AM »
I bought one used a couple years ago, and carry it constantly.  The Kel-Tec is smaller and lighter, but I'm not a big guy (except around the middle) and I can hide it without much problem.  It's been totally reliable with ball and hollow points, and it's heavy enough to soak up some recoil.  The rear sight is adjustable, something you don't see often on a mousegun, and it's the most natural pointer I've shot in years.  On bowling pins at seven yards, I hit a lot more than I miss.  If I'm going in harm's way I'll pack something bigger, but for most days it's plenty.  I won't use it at anything over 10 yards, but inside that range I can put them within a few inches of where I want on demand.  For the money's it's a good deal. 

I'm not a big fan of the .380, but with hollow points, I consider it adequate.  It's the only gun I own with a decocker, and I didn't like it at first, but I've adapted to it, I leave a round chambered, hammer down, and can squeeze off the first shot with decent accuracy.  You could do worse than to buy one!

Papajohn 
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline kmystry

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 04:54:38 AM »
I've had three of them.  The first one I bought was a Firestorm I picked up for $79.00 at the used desk at Impact Guns...never missed a beat and accurate as h***.  I have since owned a duo-tone model also in .380 that was brand new and shot perfectly.  I decided to move up a little and bought a Thunder Nine with the 13 round mag. and I love it just as much.  It burps out WWB 9mm's like there's no tomorrow.  So for my dollar, you're gonna go a long way with Bersa or a Firestorm...they're wonderful guns for the money IMO.

Offline kmystry

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 05:04:49 AM »
I failed to mention that I LOVE the decocker feature.  I feel confident in carrying one in the pipe at all times.  Just flip the decocker and it's ready for business.