Author Topic: swfa -1, pentax -2.  (Read 493 times)

Offline mtbugle

• Trade Count: (32)
  • Contributor
swfa -1, pentax -2.
« on: April 13, 2007, 08:02:49 AM »
for christmass wife bought me a pentax gameseeker 3-9x50 scope from swfa. it did not show up till late feb. like pulling teeth to even get them to acknowledge out of stock when calling in dec.    when got scope it did not hold 0, sent back to pentax for repair or replace. the cust service rep did mention that i should not need to sent the $20 as it was not serviceable when purchased.(+1).  when got replacement  the rear bell was loose and turned when adj the eye focus.  OK i hand tightened that. The elevation turret rubber gasket that the cap seals on is also a quarter inch long in front and not sealing under the cap in rear. i don't see too much adverse weather when i hunt anyway, so not too worried about the elements getting to turret adj area.  but I don't know if the gasket also seals the inside of scope or if could cause other problems.  what do you think, should i box up and send back again or put on gun to see if works as is? As I am just starting to upgrade from tasco's i really wasn't asking a great deal from this scope, but so far i have been more disappointed in this scope than the 4 tasco's I got last year as i havn't had a lick of problem from them yet.  Also does anyone else have any of these gameseekers and what has your luck been with these.

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
Re: swfa -1, pentax -2.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 11:52:47 AM »
This is the first I have heard of from SWFA that was not positive. Guess it was bound to happen.
I have not any experience with Pentax scopes. I have had good luck with their cameras.

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 12:30:17 PM »
It's happened more than once. ;)

Zachary

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 08:53:20 AM »
Should have used opticzone..............

Offline Booyah

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 04:19:05 PM »
I bought a Pentax once. Had same problem with Pentax. Also had same problem with Burris. Customer Service with both was terrible.