Author Topic: 29" MZ on the Compact frame  (Read 671 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
29" MZ on the Compact frame
« on: April 15, 2007, 02:58:38 AM »
I got to handle Digger's rig yesterday and am really impressed with balance of this setup. I was concerned that the 29" barrel may be too much for practical hunting applications here where we hunt. Walking and stalking in the brush is pretty common. If we're not right in the brush we're hardly very far from it and a quick snap shot is not unusual. But we also have plenty of opportunity to take long holds from rests or offhand as well. I think it will work well in all situations.
The 29" barrel on the optima elite with the compact stocks feels surprisingly comfortable. It is a tad bit muzzle heavy but not what I expected at all. The more I handle these things the more I like 'em! Digger's right about them being some of the most comfortable guns he's handled, I feel the same way. I guess it's gonna be time to trade some of my "other" guns away soon and get one of these Elites some barrels.
Your turn now Digger  ;).
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: 29" MZ on the Compact frame
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 05:57:24 AM »

Cool.......these rifles are indeed a pleasure to shoulder...and even more so to shoot..Take some of your BP components over to his house and shoot it John..I'm having a hard time figuring out which one I will hunt with this year...Sooooo...it looks like I'll be extending my seasons for sure...I got a vari-flame adapter kit to try this coming week...and 5 different types of bullets to shoot now...and Redhawk1 is sending me some more to shoot too...These MZ are a-lot of fun...and pretty darn accurate..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...