Author Topic: Any info on BSA Platinum fixed power target scopes?  (Read 655 times)

Offline mag41vance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Any info on BSA Platinum fixed power target scopes?
« on: April 20, 2007, 12:42:46 AM »
I fear I will receive an avalanche of scorn for asking, But the low cost of the BSA Platinum 24 and 36 fix power rifle scopes intrigue me.
Anyone here have any useful information on these budget minded scopes.

OK I'm seated securely in my chair. Let er fly>>>>>>>>>>>>>
no x now!

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Any info on BSA Platinum fixed power target scopes?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 10:14:19 AM »
Mag41vance,

I have a 36x BSA that I bought from Midway USA on close out awhile back. After I got it mounted and adjusted for my eyes it has been fine, it is not as bright as I would like, and the window of where your eye is in perfect focus of the scope is small. But the scope tracks well with the adjustments, and I have had no problems with recoil bothering the scope. The adjustments are not covered so you will have to watch that, and the clicks are not as firm as a couple of my other scopes, but I can change it from my 200 yard zero out to my 600 yard zero and it has always been right on the money, if I dial in 20 moa I get 20 moa, if I dial in 3/8moa that is what I get. For the issues it has of not being that bright and the small overall eye relief range I find that it works ok for what you pay for them. Is there better scopes out there? Yes there are. Have there been QC issues with these scope? Yes, I think I am lucky to have one that works well for me. I am sure others will give comments too, so just take them all and then figure out what is important to you in a scope.

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline mag41vance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Any info on BSA Platinum fixed power target scopes?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 12:47:40 AM »
Thanks Greg for the informative response. Think I might try one.
no x now!