Author Topic: what do you think?  (Read 424 times)

Offline briarpatch

• Trade Count: (0)
what do you think?
« on: April 20, 2007, 06:21:25 PM »

Got through shaving a little bit ago. Used one of those new razors that looks like an air condition vent. Its got a bunch of blades on it. I would call it a tactical razor. Its a five bladed, motor operated. battery fed, chain drive, pull start, hand held automatic with over drive vibrating hair remover with snot strip attached.  Its even got a blade on the back and I would think if the other five give out this one want do much. It weights about as much as a safari rifle and feels like you are holding a fence post. When I drug it down my face the first time I did not know if I was shaveing or filleting. It took a while to manuver around with something that big and I still dont know if I will keep it or not.   what do you guys think about these new razors do you like them?

Offline Almtnman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
Re: what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 01:38:00 AM »
From the description, it sounds like it might be good for cutting firewood.  ;D
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 02:05:52 AM »

...Or maybe for field dressing a deer....LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 10:01:27 AM »
Yep, got one in the mail myself.  Didn't think it shaved my mug any better than a conventional twin blade razor.  Then when I found out replacement blades for the dang thing were like $300 each I tossed in the back of my medicine chest.  If they ever get the replacement blades down to a reasonable price I might drag it out again until then it's back to the old "track-two". 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 04:11:12 PM »
I think I'll stick to my gillette double edge or my gem micromatic It uses the single edge blade or I have a schick from the fifty's.  King camp gillette's original plan was to sell razor at cost or give it to you then make money selling you the blades. I use a badger hair brush and palmolive  in the tube for shave cream
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier