Author Topic: new bullet swaging auction  (Read 1010 times)

Offline bullet maker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
new bullet swaging auction
« on: May 20, 2003, 03:53:05 AM »
Hello fellow brothers in bullet swaging :D
   Just thought I`d let everyone know about a new auction for some bullet swaging stuff on e-bay. both are corbin stuff, by a guy from Medford, OR
 one item is a Corbin CSP-1 S-press swaging reloading press with 2 die sets for the 357 lead semi wadcutter bullets, in both keith style nose aslo includes a die set to make .224 bullet jackets from 22 rimfire brass.
   His second acution is a Corbin CSP-2 mega mite press.
Don`t know if anyone interested just thought I`d tell everybody. Hey Greybeard, might want to check it out.
Just log on to e-bay, and then type in bullet swaging in their search button.
  I whished some one would have let me know about this stuff when I first started out :lol:  course back then we had just invented gunpowder. :-D
bullet maker
I like to make bullets, handload, shooting of all types, hunting, fishing, taking pictures, reading, grandchildren, 4 wheeling, eating out often.

Offline Donna

• Contributor
    • http://www.aeroballisticsonline.com
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 11:50:44 AM »
Hello Bullet Maker, :D

Thanks for keeping us informed on this stuff, to get future bullet swagers into the art or even keep the rest of us going in the art.

I could not find it on e-bay; maybe GB already scarfed it up. Well anyways-good luck to the rest of you. And keep up the good work.

Donna :wink:
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 01:24:29 PM »
I don't do e-bay or for that matter ANY auction site. I just refuse to participate in them. If I like the price someone offers an item for I'll buy it but I'm not getting into bidding on items.

I've decided I will never get into swaging. After that last deal went sour and I checked on the prices of equipment I got to thinking. I can buy more premium bullets like the Nosler PTs for all the calibers I hunt with than I'll shoot on game the rest of my life for less than the cost of the press alone. Then I'd still have to buy a die set for each caliber I wanted to shoot bullets in. Just don't make sense to me looking at it that way. I never had any intention of making them to sell only for me.

Cheaper bullets are and can be used for all the shooting I want to do. Besides for the most part I can get the manufacturers to send me lots of bullets for anything I'll write up a review on even Nosler.

I'll just continue to get my bullets made by someone else.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 05:02:53 PM »
GB, with that logic, give up shooting and hunting. It's a real waste of time.  Why poke holes in paper? Why spend $thousands$ hunting some animal that you can buy on the hoof for 1/2 as much?  Seriously, some of us are into swaging for the education and satisfaction of seeing something we make actually being used. Cost is high, but most of it recoverable on resale. To each his (her) own... that's what makes the world an interesting place.  As to eBay, I think the US Postal System would collapse if there were no eBay to pay for its high priced delivery system!!! 8)

Offline bullet maker

• A Real Regular
ebay
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 08:10:54 PM »
Quote from: Donna
Hello Bullet Maker, :D

Thanks for keeping us informed on this stuff, to get future bullet swagers into the art or even keep the rest of us going in the art.

I could not find it on e-bay; maybe GB already scarfed it up. Well anyways-good luck to the rest of you. And keep up the good work.

Donna :wink:

Hi Donna :D
   The auction is still on. After you get on e-bay, go to smart search and type in bullet swaging, be sure you use the lower case letters, cause sometimes it is case sensitive, and will not respond, or not show you all there is. If that doesn`t take you to all of them then push the button that says ( in titles and description`s). that will show all that pertains to bullet swaging.
    I e-mailed the gentleman that`s selling the corbin equipment, and it is his personal equipment, he used to work for Dave Corbin, and since he was one of the employees, he and the rest of the guys got to get their pick of what he allowed them to have. Sort of Job benefit I guess. Must be nice :lol:
bullet maker :D
I like to make bullets, handload, shooting of all types, hunting, fishing, taking pictures, reading, grandchildren, 4 wheeling, eating out often.