Author Topic: New anti-gun group?  (Read 641 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
New anti-gun group?
« on: April 19, 2007, 07:32:36 AM »
The day after the Virginia Tech murders National Public Radio gave quite a bit of time and positive publicity to a group with a name like "hunters and shooters of America".  The time spent on the radio was on the topic of illegal interstate transportation of guns, which was non sequitur for the context of the overall news story, which was the Virginia killings.   

One can only assume that this is an anti-gun group masked as a pro-gun group.

Do you have the facts on this organization?

Thanks.
Safety first

Offline azshooter

• Contributor
Re: New anti-gun group?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 08:02:09 AM »
Could be a bunch of sellout Fudds.  There are still a lot of people who only own side by side or bolt action only guns(and think you should too) and will throw other shooters under the bus. 

Edit - as expected it is a bunch of Fudd sellouts.  They favor "common sense gun control".

http://huntersandshooters.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=129&Itemid=51

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 08:10:36 AM »
There has been talk on the net for quite some time now of such a group that has a name that sounds pro gun but they are anti gun to the core. I do not remember the exact name though but that one you mentioned does sound familular.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Questor

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 11:15:19 AM »
AZ Shooter:

That's it.

Looks like they don't understand the competitive nature of politics, where the key is to take and defend a clear and definite position.
Safety first

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 11:34:25 AM »
They are headed by anti-gun zealots who are Klinton admirers and former Brady Bunch idiots. 

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 12:24:22 PM »
Before the assault weapons ban expired, GW said he would sign it into law again if it were renewed by congress. What does that make him?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 12:41:55 PM »
They are headed by anti-gun zealots who are Klinton admirers and former Brady Bunch idiots. 

Can you cite something on that?  I just looked and I can't find any information backing what you said.  Not saying you're wrong, just asking where you got it from.

Offline azshooter

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 02:31:36 PM »

Can you cite something on that?  I just looked and I can't find any information backing what you said.  Not saying you're wrong, just asking where you got it from.

How's this?

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/Articles/Read.aspx?id=231&issue=011

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 02:45:09 PM »
If you read your NRA magazine you would have known that this group are wolves in sheep's clothing.  What's that?... your not an NRA member!... tisk, tsk.  Well then I won't feel to sorry for you when the sheriff comes to confiscate your guns.  ;D   
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 01:57:02 PM »
  Ditto Brett;

The American Hunter had a good article on these " antis in camo"..

Just take a look at that website of theirs...It suggests all kinds of restrictions on gun owners and none on govt or politicians...

Then click onto the left column  " who we are"  a story with photo comes up of some guys who probably shot some tied birds..
  One listed was "Jody Powell"..wasn't that guy one of Jimmy Carter's toadies ?
  Read on another website that some of the "legislators" involved with them are guys like John Conyers of Detroit..nuff said ?

Friends....they are wolves in sheep's clothing !    A Trojan horse...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 02:33:07 AM »
  A check on the web revealed that a Jody Powell was Jimmy Carter's press secretary and close confidant..

We know what Jimmy carter thought of the 2nd amendment..he would liked to have abolished it ! He didn't want us to have our guns

Coincidentally, he saw no problem providing funds for Hamas, the Palestinian Liberation front...enabling them to buy their guns !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 03:02:57 AM »
Final Analysis
"This group is a gun control advocacy group that is masquerading as a gun rights group. There is every indication that they are a suborganization of the Democratic party. They are even in the same building as the Democratic Leadership Council. They will be happy to take money from gullible gun owners and use it against them and us."

"The real goal is to fracture the power of the NRA before the next presidential election so the Democrats face a less formidable opponent."

"In no way is the gun rights block a monolithic voting block. Some will love this group; some will be deceived by it. Make no mistake. They are the enemy of the Constitution."

This link will explain better than i can just who these anti-gunners really are:

http://www.gunlawnews.org/asha.html