Author Topic: New Choke for NEF 10 ga.  (Read 555 times)

Offline slick00

• Trade Count: (2)
New Choke for NEF 10 ga.
« on: April 22, 2007, 09:47:40 AM »
I'm not happy with the pattern of my NEF 10 ga.  turkey gun. My friends 3-1/2" 12 ga. patterns better than my 10 ga.  I would like to replace the choke with a different one (tighter) but don't see any  listed anywhere for it.  Does anyone know of a manufacturer that has a replacement that fits this gun?  Thanks

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: New Choke for NEF 10 ga.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 10:03:55 AM »
Here's a thread at Shotgun World that might help ya out, give Kick's a call.

Tim

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=71222

http://www.kicks-ind.com/ASP/gobblin.asp
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 02:41:12 PM »
Here is another company that makes superb choke tubes and you cam call and discuss what you need with them:

http://www.trulockchokes.com/

they are great people and make great products in several different price ranges, all at reasonable prices, good luck....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline slick00

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 02:03:17 AM »
Thanks guys !! I'll take a look at those two companies.   

Offline slick00

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 02:46:06 AM »
Picked up the .695" x-full ported turkey choke made by Truglo a few days ago.  Package marked Browning 10 ga. and it fits perfect.  I think it is the standard choke not the invector plus.  It increased the number of pellets in the "kill zone" in my target at 40 yds by 2x compared to my factory choke.  My factory choke measured .725" (only a full choke).  Very noticeable reduction in recoil, too.  Now kicks much less than any 12 ga. 3-1/2" I ever shot. Thanks for the input guys. 

It worked perfect this opening morning at about 35 paces at 6:38am -----19 lbs, 15/16" spurs and 9.5" beard!!!!! At least 15 pellets in head/neck that I can see-probably more.  Went down like a load of bricks !!!!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 03:50:28 AM »
Congratulations Slick, it looks as if the 10 Gauge NEF, the new choke tube, and YOU all did a great job....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley