Author Topic: Thank you Doug and Tim!  (Read 1152 times)

Offline missouricannonworks

• Trade Count: (0)
Thank you Doug and Tim!
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:33:16 AM »
THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT!

There was a member who posted here who was completely dishonest and was only doing so for the sole purpose of trying to hurt others on this board, they made a couple comments about Missouri Cannon Works,  I thought I should set the record straight!

I suppose being behind depends on how you look at it?

Do I have everything ordered finished?  No. Am I sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting on something to do? NO!  I do have orders that are in different stages of development and construction. Some are done and  being prepped for shipping some have just had the parts ordered that are needed for manufacture! 

I'm not saying I have never been late on a projected build. Things happen in that are unforeseen and unavoidable. Breakdowns in communication, shipping etc

I have no law suits against me and have never had such, Missouri Cannon works has Delivered EVERY cannon or mortar ordered from this company! I think it is about as low as someone can get to start rumors or make accusations here just to try and hurt a business' reputation.

I hope I did not need to post this and also hope it was not out of bounds (Doug let me know if it is) But to my relief as I have been monitoring this message board for a long time the patrons that post and read here are NOT ignorant, this is one of the honest, informative, helpfull  not to mention well regulated boards on the internet. I have had other REAL customers who have bought cannons from us and  through their posts here on Greybeard have shown they were very happy with the finished project. I am proud to have had each and everyone of them as customers.

There will be an addition to those proud customers very soon a young man in our armed forces stationed in Korea is due to pick his project up near the first of May and I'm sure he will be posting here allllllllllll about it.

Hopefully if Uncle Sam does his job right by next week I will be added to the list of sponsors supporting the continued flourishment of this board!

Thank you all!
John
MISSOURI CANNON WORKS

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Re: Thank you Doug and Tim!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 12:23:45 PM »
John -  I must apologize for initially believing this guy.  It was DD that dug into the details and upon discovering his ruse acted immediately.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 01:02:24 PM »
No problem Tim, But rest assured I would have NEVER let it get that far, But just for a second I was even worried I had missed someone  but then thought surely  I would have gotten an  email!

Offline GGUTHRIE

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 01:52:13 PM »
INTERESTING, TO THINK I WAS THE ONLY ONE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH JOHN ADAMS OF MISSOURI CANNON WORKS, TOMORROW I WILL POST, MY TALES OF BROKEN PROMISES, MISSED DEADLINES AND SIX MONTHS OF FRUSTRATIONS, AND YES I CAN BACK ALL OF THIS UP WITH DOCUMENTATION. STAY TUNED!!!! GLENN GUTHRIE

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 05:01:19 PM »
Glenn

Why wait to stur the pot , if you have proof , POST IT , and please take the Cap lock off .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 05:26:35 PM »
This new claim should be interesting especially in light of the new member being from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Can US makers even ship a cannon to Canada? I really don't know but know it's dang near impossible now to ship a lot of other stuff I'd think less controlled than cannons.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 05:35:15 PM »
who are these Members GGUTHRIE & stinkylu32? Never seen anything posted here by these till today... corrective interview needed here... :-\

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 05:38:33 PM »
Glenn,

First Welcome to GBOCannons. Always glad to have some new faces on our board.

It seems you have had problems with Missouri Cannon works.  We do want to hear about them.  

I hope you didn't register just  for the purpose off complaining about Missouri Cannon works.

I hope you are here  to talk cannons also.  That is what our board is really about.

I am going to lay down some very specific ground rules for this discussion.  

Please post your complaint.   Be specific with dates and quotes.  Hope you saved your letters and email. Be able to back everything you say up preferably in writing.

Do not type in all capital letters, on the Internet it is intended to indicate you are shouting.  Most of use are a bunch of deaf old farts and can't hear very well, but our glasses are just fine for reading.  All caps comes out as all blobs and is difficult to read.

Be very careful to not turn the discussion into an argument, no name calling.  Present your facts in a gentlemanly way.   Point-counterpoint is fine,  tit for tat is not.

When the board members ask you a pointed question don't take it personally, because they don't mean it personally.   They are just looking for the facts. We are going to ask you some very specific questions.

If someone makes a personal attack on you, do not responds to that. I will take care of that.  If you think someone is making a personal attack
Notify me, I will look into it.

We are not looking at stirring the pot here.  We are looking only for the truth and the facts so we can make our own mind up about whether to do business or not with a company.  

One last warning.  If you intend to seek legal recourse what you type here could come back to haunt you.  So think about what you put down.

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 05:46:17 PM »
Mr, Guthrie is a legitimate customer! The I am of the understanding this customer is located in Idaho?

I have made contact with Mr. Guthrie via phone, there was an issue with  email not being recieved, I believe it to be resolved, For a brief explanation, I shipped his order and it was returned "undeliverable" I now have his correct shipping address and his order will be re-shipped Monday morning. It seems he did not receive my emails pertaining to the situation and IMHO as do most mas inclinded to think he had been ....bamboozled.

Here is his Howitzer. Not the best pic.... never claimed to be a photographer ;)

Glenn, Welcome to the board and may your time spent on the Cannon and Mortar forum informative as well as helpfull, there is much to be learned from the members here!

John

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 06:16:29 PM »
DANG,

Impromptu pic and forgot the powder can!

Please have mercy on me lol  :o

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 03:13:16 AM »
who are these Members GGUTHRIE & stinkylu32? Never seen anything posted here by these till today... corrective interview needed here... :-\

GGuthrie I don't really know about. He only signed up yesterday (4-29-07) and his ISP at least is in Calgary, Alberta, Canada from my inquiry on the IP address. Thus my question regarding the legality of shipping a cannon to Canada, which of course might be legal, I just dunno.

Stimplylu32 is an old time GBO member from Ohio I think. He mostly posts on the NEF forums. He's solid as a rock.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 03:31:33 AM »
DANG,

forgot the powder can!

Please have mercy on me lol  :o

Yeah John, ole (old) DD may organize a party to cast some stones at ya for neglecting to show the powder can. ;D
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline dominick

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (21)
    • Black Powder Cannons & Mortars
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 03:37:32 AM »
         Graybeard wrote:       
Can US makers even ship a cannon to Canada?

Graybeard,   I have successfully shipped one 54 caliber cannon to Canada and have a golf ball swivel gun currently tied up in customs. We are not expecting any problems with delivery of it.   Dom

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 04:58:58 AM »
To all involved in this thread , i have been reading here for some time , i do not have a Cannon at this time but have been thinking about getting one for awhile now , to my comment to Glenn , as of late we at GBO have had a rash of people signing up just to start problems .

So when someone makes a statement that they have a problem with someone else but will post info later i tend to get a little suspicious of their motives .

To Glenn , it seems that you did have a true concern and i am so sorry if i came off kind of harsh in this case , hope you will understand were i am coming from and hope all turns out well for you with the new project .

Again to all involved , i am sorry .

Richard
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007, 07:06:29 AM »
All is well that ends well.

From my perspective from behind the scenes, this was a classic case of "who's on first".

We're expecting pictures of smoke soon.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Double D

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 07:33:10 AM »
Actually it hasn't ended yet as we haven't heard from GGuthrie yet. When we here from him it's ended.

Offline GGUTHRIE

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 02:27:23 PM »
first of all i would like to thank the mods, for looking into my concerns,
john adams has contacted me and the cannon will ship monday morning. there seems to be some concern about where i live, i'm located in northern idaho and also have summer/winter home in canada which is right on the border. i do most of my emails from there because of high speed internet which i can not get in northern idaho. i would like to make it clear to every one that i did not join this forum to complain or air my laundry, i am a avid hunter & shooter and hope soon to be a cannon shooter. thanks again to the mods and to john adams for working out this matter. i will leave a post when the cannon arrives. glenn

Offline Cannonmaker

• Avid Poster
    • http://www.neffcannons.com/
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »
Always good to have a new and a happy cannon owner on board.   From southern Idaho,  welcome aboard Guthrie.

Rick
Rick Neff
Neff Cannons & Machine LLC
480 N 1st Street East
PO Box 55
Malta, Idaho 83342              Keeping history alive with the roar of the guns

http://www.neffcannons.com/

Offline Double D

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 04:57:10 PM »
great Glenn, you have one more obligation to the board, when your Cannon arrives, post pictures of smoke and fire bellowing out the barrel!

Offline GGUTHRIE

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 05:15:02 PM »
thank you to all those who have welcomed me, i certainly will post my first shot for all to see, cheers glenn

Offline GGUTHRIE

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 01:17:45 PM »
a short note to let every one know my cannon arrived today. thanks to all who responded to this post. cheers glenn

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 02:10:26 PM »
Cool , let the fun begin .  ;D  Hope it shoots well for you .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015