Author Topic: Rummage Sale finds  (Read 534 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Rummage Sale finds
« on: May 04, 2007, 04:58:17 PM »
Well went out this morning for the first time this year. Not many sales today but I did find a Kodak Digital Camera that works that is a older model that is now discontinued but does have telephoto and uses a memory card and does work paid a buck for it will make a good truck camera. Good thing is the memory card was a 128 MB one so that was worth a few bucks by its self. Then went to one this afternoon and hit a small jackpot Got a pistol rug for 1.50 that fits my Navy Arms TT Olympia better than the rugs I had  :P. Got a Camo Jones Style hat insulated for 25 cents and one of those Awls for sewing leather that has the bobbin in the wood handle. This one is an OLD one it sold for 1.98 new  :laughing:  two needles left with it and two bobbins of waxed thread. Got it for 50 cents. One of those fish cleaning boards with the clamp on one end for clamping the tail and a Rapala filet knife the mid size one both for 2 bucks. a nylon duffle bag 25 cents and a stickler that I hope some one here can help me identify. I got this for 15 cents. LOL it is a Primeing tool that is hand held and the shell plate adapter screws into the tool. This one a 30/30 shell fit into it so at least I can use it though it would be slow as it does not have a primer tray. Any one know what brand it is? At first I thought Lee but the lee ones look different too unless it would be an early Lee one????

Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline jh45gun

Re: Rummage Sale finds
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 05:31:35 PM »
Forgot to add 200 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt ammo in a metal index card box for a Dollar Fifty.  ;D

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 03:08:10 AM »
It's an early Lee. Still have one on the loading bench but don't use it anymore. You are right, it is slow but not as slow as using the priming arm on a press.

Offline jhm

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 05:46:59 AM »
Yes it is a LEE their were 2 lee companys, I dont remember how the change came or exactly the reasons but it is a lee hand loader, I talked to someone at the LEE Co. several years ago and they told me something about it the Co. history that is but many primers have been fired since then and I dont exactly remember, enjoy it as I have 2 and can casually sit and prime the night away  JIM

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 06:42:35 AM »
Thanks guys for the info I would suppose that finding replacement shell holders for these would be tough.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 06:14:21 AM »
Rummage sale, garage sale, yard sale, or whatever you wish to call them can provide great finds, I have picked up several guns at this type of sale.  I do jewelry work, and often go to look at jewelry.  Recently I bought a sandwich bag full of necklaces (chains) for two dollars.  It had one chain that I immediately recognized as gold, and several silver colored chains in the bag.  The gold chain was an 18K chain, 20 inches long and weighed 8.5 grams.  Upon closer examination, several of the silver chains were .925 sterling, but the prize was a platinum chain, 24 inches long, and weighing 11.7 grams, it was appraised at $500.  Not bad for a $2.00 investment.

I also purchased a Russian SKS in excellent condition for $125.  That was for the gun, all the accessories, and six boxes (20 round boxes) of ammo.

Gentlemen, the next time your wife ask you to tag along while she goes, take advantage of the offer.  You never know what you may find.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 01:37:44 PM »
I inquired about shellholders last year and was told they were no longer available.

I found this in "Reloading Handbook, 2nd edition' by Richard Lee printed in 2004. "In some countries, where my patents don't apply, there are exact copies of Lee equipment. An enterprising individual has even registered the trademark LEE in a South American country so he can sell imitation Lee products".

Offline jhm

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 04:31:38 PM »
i HAVE PICKED UP SEVERAL HOLDERS AT GUNSHOWS AND A FEW ON E-BAY OVER THE YRS, i HAVE A FEW DOUBLES AND IF YOU LET ME KNOW WHAT CAL. YOU ARE LOOKING FOR i WILL CHECK AND SEE IF I HAVE A EXTRA.   jim  SORRY ABT. THE CAPS WIFE WAS ON COMPUTER